1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

Thanks for the input. I'm normally 11 and I tried on the 10.5 which were tight across the vamp. Is the rationale in sizing down is that these will stretch out as you wear them?

2. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

Here is a photo of the plainsman and the wheat next to eachother, the plainsman being the loafer:

[​IMG]

My understanding is that Rancourt no longer stocks the plainsman brown which is unfortunate. The wheat is noticeably different. I do not believe we have the teak here.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  3. grendel

grendel Senior member

Cool, thanks! The wheat is darker than I thought.

Any idea what the "tan" color here is?

http://www.eastlandshoe.com/product/mens+seneca+usa+camp+moc+chukka+boot.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

4. jabster410

jabster410 Well-Known Member

More drops on the Barron boat shoe on Jack Spade. I just got the navy/red for $104 shipped.

5. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Saw that too, but I'm weary of buying since it is final sale. May try to drop by B&M to see if they have instore to try and buy.

6. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Link? I'm not seeing it on their site.

7. jah786

jah786 Senior member

This is my favorite picture of a shell shoe by Rancourt thus far, from their Facebook/instagram page. Looks really good. I like the clean lines of this shoe more than the beef roll. Don't know if this is considered pinch penny or not. My debate is color. Caramel or Espresso. For me, navy is too casual to spend that kind of money. Can't wear anything but a grey suit with navy shoes and even then it's a bit of a statement. I wish Rancourt had more pictures on their site of different combinations.

[​IMG]

Does Rancourt make Sid Mashburn's made in Maine shoes? Any one know? Anyone have a pair? I think the higher vamp would be a good thing for my foot, but would really like to try a pair first.

8. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I have that exact shoe on order in espresso and the beef roll Caramel that will be here Wed

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

1st wear of espresso rangers. I can tell these are going to get a lot of use

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Just kopped the gray suede.

11. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Does anyone have an opinion on the Blake boots sizing vs. Wolverine 1K's or Red Wings Beckmans? I'm a 9 in either of those boots, but 9EEE in boat shoes/oxfords. There's usually a bit more volume in boots, I find, even if they're on the same last, but I don't know if Rancourt's Blakes run the same length, or are particularly narrow.

12. jah786

jah786 Senior member

Please post pictures of both when you get them. Really want to see the espresso pinch penny or welt line or whatever they are. also curious how the caramel looks. Is it more like Alden whiskey or more like ravello? or in the middle?

13. Michael Haines

Trust me I can't wait to post them. The Caramel will be here wed

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I believe the Caramel is the natural shell cordovan, right?

15. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I can believe that! In your make up description you didn't mention that they are lined so I assume they are unlined? Thoughts on that so far? I realize that this is their maiden voyage if not even the shakedown cruise, but interested in your thoughts. Also sizing compared to Barrie or AE 1 & 5, etc. if you don't mind. Thanks and looking great!

16. Michael Haines

rydenfan i know my took a delay with them saying the hand dyeing takes longer with the caramel

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

they will be worth the wait!

They dont dye the Caramel, right? I think that is the name for the natural shell that they use as the base for colors like espresso, navy and green shell

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Correct; they are unlined. It seemed a shame to line the cordovan since I had the choice. 1st wear they were extremely comfortable. I am having a slight issue with the laces and need to find an alternate solution. The waxed cotton lace that I chose comes in 27" and then the next size is like 47". the 27" is a bit short and length and I can JUST tie them; however, 47" is way to long. I am going to look at other round lace options as well as flat waxed options.

I wear an 8D on the Barrie and an 8D in Rancourt. They run pretty similar in size although I would say the ranger mocs are just a tough wider but will know a bit better when i can lace them a little tighter. I find these a bit roomier than my two pair of 8D Rancourt loafers as well.

19. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102