1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

This is a very good point.

I sent an email inquiry through the website earlier today and, mirabile visu, actually got a reply. I intentionally didn't ask about this fee, but did ask for a price on a makeup I'm thinking about (unlined caramel shell ring boot with aesthetic welt and red sipped sole) and got a price back of $535. Nothing to compare that too, of course, but the base Rancourt shell loafer is $510 and basic chukka boot (more an equivalent in terms of leather used, I'd think), is $550. Doesn't seem like there can be too much of a fee built into $535, even with the lower cost rubber sole. I wonder if they aren't mentioning yet.

Guess I could just ask.

Now to decide whether to proceed with this... :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Does Quoddy offer shell cordovan as an option? I did not see it on their website

3. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

I got quoted at $335 for the 5-eye boot that I'm working out the details for. I had assumed the price was because of different leather/sole, but yeah, that works out to a $50 increase.

On another note, does anyone on here have shoes from both Oak Street Bootmakers and Rancourt? Did you go with the same size for both, or do Rancourt's run a little smaller?

4. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

Just to provide another data point, I was quoted a price for custom camp mocs that was $50 more than the normal price, without changing the type of sole or anything. So it seems to me like they are indeed charging at least another $50 for deviations from their standard offerings (not including extra costs due to more expensive pieces or processes). I am still going to go ahead and buy them, because that's not much different from the price of Quoddys, I already know my size in Rancourts, and they've been very helpful and patient in answering all of my questions.

5. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

And you should buy them if that's what you want and you have the money. The shoes are worth whatever you're willing to pay for them.

6. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I ordered a custom shell is a different color then web site no additional charge today

7. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

what color did you order and what shoe?

8. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

9. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Those should be nice... please share pics when they arrive

10. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Rancourt to me runs a tad smaller. I go to TTS and size 1/2 down for OSB

11. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's the impression I got but I wanted to make sure!

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

No Quoddy does not have shell offerings. I did a more casual boot with a combination of green leather and waxed canvas shafts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Teger

Teger Senior member

quoddy does do shell.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Since when? They didn't a month ago when I worked with their head of customer service on a custom makeup

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

there's a ton of pictures from trade shows where they bring their shell stock. dunno if they're still producing, but for awhile they definitely offered their range in shell.

16. Mint Forest

Mint Forest Member

Raphaelargus on page 107 did a comparison of Rancourt, OSB, and Quoddy's moc shoe sizing. From his comparison, Rancourt and OSB's length is pretty much the same, with Rancourt being a teeny bit longer. But the biggest difference is the width. Rancourt's is more tight compared to OSB's moc in the toe box to vamp.

I have OSB trail oxford in size 7D and rancourt in size 7D (left shoe). I agree with what he said about the width. I found OSB to be roomy in width but rancourt's shoe was more tight all around. I didn't really notice much about the length though because of the width difference. It might be that D width from OSB would be roughly like a E width from Rancourts.

1 person likes this.
  17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I bet they will look great! What are the rest of the details: stitching, sole, etc. I almost went espresso beefroll but went with the ranger moc instead. They may even be shipping tomorrow...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I am an 8D in the Camp Boot from OSB and an 8D in the Beefroll loafer from Rancourt

19. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Senior member

How comfy is that camp boot for doing lots of walking?

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Very! I love it and find it to be one of my most comfortable pair of shoes. I dont do a lot of hiking or anything like that but for a day in the office or walking around a city or something I am very happy with it. I have the navy camp boot and love the color as well.