• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Kashiwa

Reaction score

Oh God no nothing of the sort. I have had great customer service TARYN was awesome.... I was simply asking for an opinion. Also I was stating a fact they do have the money to return, and I think 5 weeks is a long time to wait to fix an issue. They have not lost me as a customer, I just want them todo the right this.

What kind of business would they be if they didn't have enough funds to refund one pair of shoes? You do realize that the Rancourt trip to Japan and Korea was a "business trip", yes? Probably much easier to sell shoes to people who appreciate the wabi-sabi of handcrafted.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Its the natural CXL shoes in discussion that I am really curious to see though. Do your heels slip out of them? Is that what you mean by wide heels? Are they so short that you can't imagine them stretching to fit?

In the bottom pic it looks like the heel of the right shoe is not sitting squarely on top of the sole, but maybe its just the angle.

jns425

Reaction score
Have you guys that have had issued tried calling them? They picked up whenever I called and were helpful...

Anyway- I placed my order in person, so I don't think I'll be getting a tracking number. Id love if they came before Thanksgiving, but I don't really expect it. I ordered them Saturday Nov 3 .

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the pics.  Its the natural CXL shoes in discussion that I am really curious to see though.  Do your heels slip out of them?  Is that what you mean by wide heels?  Are they so short that you can't imagine them stretching to fit?

In the bottom pic it looks like the heel of the right shoe is not sitting squarely on top of the sole, but maybe its just the angle.

No, the heel of the right shoe sits squarely. Just a bad angle.

My heels slip out. the rest of the shoe is a little wide too.
An 11.5 was the right length.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
You should send them back and tell them you ordered an 11.5. Ask for a replacement or a refund.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So they shipped the wrong size? 11 instead of 11.5? If I'm following this properly, then that's something they definitely should, and I think will, take care of. I know it is frustrating to wait, but that's comes with the MTO territory, I think.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a shoe fit expert, but if your heel is slipping out even when they are too short, they will probably never work for you, unless they are just stiff and need breaking in, but they seem to be soft soles anyway.

Out of curiosity, is the size labeled inside the shoe anywhere?

(not to be selfish, but I hope my order turns out okay!)

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I originally ordered an 11.5B that was defective and did not fit.
They couldn't alter that pair so they made a replacement pair. They believed an 11B would fit me.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gotcha, so it's not looking good if the narrowest width they make doesn't fit in two different lengths. Only other route to take, which might not be worth the effort, is changing the last. I believe the 555, their loafer last, is narrower than the Ranger Moc last. It is also, apparently, shorter.

Last edited:

fitchottie

Reaction score

Pictures of the shoe.

jns425

Reaction score
That really does look like a different color stitching...did you send them a picture of it?

Last edited:

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score

Rancourt & Co. for Taylor Stitch.

Love these shoes, perfect for the Aussie summer coming up.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this the green CXL? Or is it Cavalier, perhaps? And it looks as if they are on the honey camp sole.

Those should indeed be perfect summer shoes. Enjoy.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pictures of the shoe.

The difference of color in the CXL and the stitching is just noticeable enough that it would piss me off. Let us know what happens with them.

Rancourt & Co. for Taylor Stitch.

Love these shoes, perfect for the Aussie summer coming up.
Those are sweet, and I was never a fan of green shoes until just now. The remind me of crocodiles with the green, the eyelets and the X stitching. If they were mine, I would trim the laces a bit so that the bows aren't so big.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Also in re the bows above, and I hope this is taken in the right spirit, you can get them to lie perpendicularly to the shoes by tying them different. This is something I learned about six months ago right here on SF. They also will stay tied better, if you have trouble with that.

Details from http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/standardknot.htm:

"If your finished knot comes out crooked, it's probably because you tie your Starting Knot the opposite way to mine. This will result in an un-balanced "Granny Knot", which both sits crooked and comes undone more easily. See my Slipping Shoelace Knots page for more information."

Do with this information what you will and, again, enjoy the shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads