RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Great. Thanks for posting. Looks good.

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I think someone mentioned this before about the Jack Spade by Rancourt boat shoes, but they are on sale now for $145. When I checked this morning there was a pretty full size run of the navy/red.

The sale ends today.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

3. sellran

sellran Senior member

I just ordered a belt in the caramel cordovan color. Not sure if this is the same as "saddle."

4. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

I have yet to purchse a pair of Rancourts, but I had such a wonderful experience with Taryn that I had to post about it here. I wanted them to make a specific shoe for me a Ranger MOC similar to the Oak Street Natural Vibram Ox.. in the End I went with Oak Street simply because I know how they fit and I have two pairs already. OK now on to the important stuff, she was accomodating and followed up like no customer service I have ever recieved. All this ove the internet not even in person. She doesn't know me know how much I am going to spend or will spend. Any concern I had about stitching or colors or fitting was answered. Rancourt will definetly be my next purchase but for right now A Natural belt will be ordered tomorrow.

ALso I found out the do not make epaulet.....

How do these fit in comparison to Quoddy, Oak Street, Yuketen... I have all three

Also their boots in compaired to Alden, Yuketen Maine Guide and Wolverine 1000 mile.

5. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Got my ranger mocs in the mail today and I'm pleased at how they turned out. Nice fit out of the box and I'm wearing them this evening

chocolate suede, antique brass eyelets, chestnut laces, honey vibram mini-lug sole, contrast stitching.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ Very nice looking makeup on those Ranger Mocs!

7. gentpax

gentpax Senior member

FYI, a few sizes left at a steep discount of the Timberland x Rancourt (they confirm that Ranc made them in one of their online videos) Eastern Standard line. Got the tan 6" boot with the waxed cotton myself. Barrie/Truebalance size fit perfectly for me. Also, google for some Timberland codes floating around that stack on sale items. Last week's friends and family was 40% off the then sale price of $249.99 which is why sizes are going fast. Seems as if they get some returns a la STP, so check back later if your size isn't there.

Eastern Standard Boots

8. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

9. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Some of you may remember a few months back when I bought my dad some Rancourt boat shoes for his birthday. He is in town visiting me and had them on. He really seems to like them, and said they are more comfortable to walk in than sperry's, and have better arch support. This means a lot coming from him because he is typically indifferent to everything and doesn't usually spend a lot of time over-thinking shoes like we do.

Made me want to get a pair of Rancourts for myself. I am on the fence about a pair of espresso blake boots, and have been emailing Taryn about what is possible, but she only answers about half of my emails. I know its best to call, but like I said, I'm still on the fence.

10. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

good to hear your dad really like the shoes!

11. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

I do not work for the company but I do know she is one of the only peolpe that answer emails for the company in regards to shoes fit and comparison. so phone conversations are quicker in my experience since it allows you to ask a lot of questions and comparbles, instead of a long drawn out email. Also if you are on the fence about sizing tlak to them see if they will send you out some trial shoes for fit.

12. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Not so much on the fence about the sizing, more on the fence about if I should spend $675, and I need that extra little shove over the edge of the cliff.

13. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

I think when you are spending that much money, it has to be I have to have them feeling. The great thing is one should be able to acquire those or some varation of for some time. I have a habit of talking my self out of stuff, and have become one of the see if I still want it in a month, if so I buy it. I tend to love to many things :)

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I operate under that same policy.

15. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Here's a couple more pairs that have crossed through the shop:

[​IMG]

Navy CXL Boat Shoe, White Accents

[​IMG]

My favorite .. Latigo 4 Eyelet mocc with Golf Green CXL Heel tab. Wish I had a better picture of these, ha