RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ I think you're spot on. But, I could never wear lined shoes sockless, the smell would be atrocious.

Edit: But I guess that would also depend on the material for the lining. Apparently the "casco" lining is soft and makes a good compromise between lined and unlined. Also note that some of the suedes (split suedes) need a lining.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Forgive me for asking again, but are these welted or rapid stitched? Have any welted shoes come out yet?

3. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ Pretty sure they're blake stitch and that welted shoes have not been released yet.

4. jvillal

jvillal Well-Known Member

Thinking about getting this with either an RHL or Tempest sole for fall. Any thoughts on RHL for fall seasons? Or how RHL sole with Natural CXL?

5. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

I think contrast colored sole will bring the true beauty of natural cxl. Red brick sole is my recommendation.
    Plus natural rubber is no good with petroleum/oil. My 250 lb figure have yet to make a ding on the brick sole, Been wearing extensively the past summer.

6. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ Indeed, natural cxl x red brick is a really nice combo. Leffot has done a number of Quoddys in natural x red brick and each is a winner.

If anyone is looking for something a little different from a Ranger Moc, the "chukka moc" seems like a good option. Like the clean look of these.

[​IMG]

Also like the look of the blucher that Quoddy does. Wonder if Rancourt can do this pattern?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

7. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

A little different take on the Ranger Moc from Beams x "Atlantic Works", which i believe is made by Rancourt.

[​IMG]

8. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Looking for some feedback/reviews on Rancourt Color 8 /Saddle Shell Cordovan belts.

thanks

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

9. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Frank Cowperwood has a cordovan belt from them. He posted about it earlier in this thread. Don't recall what color it was.

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Thanks Winston.

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I've got the saddle shell. It is very nice. Saddle is a good, neutral tan color. Workmanship is excellent. Only shell belt I have and only tan shell I have from Rancourt, so not able to make any comparisons. Happy to try to answer any questions if I can.

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

this looks like a nice sole combo and make it more Ranger than what I have seen.

13. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

So per the discussion about the tongue sliding over in these boots, I have taken a couple picture of my Indy boots. I was having the same problem, and I had my cobbler sew one edge of the tongue to the side of the boot to keep it stable. It really is effective and helps the fits a lot for me.

You can see on the inside shot here how the stitching runs about an inch and a half long. This is important. I own a pair of RL Lindrick boots, where the stitching is only about a quarter inch or so, and there are numerous reports of people not realizing it is there, and tearing the stitching and tongue by accident.

[​IMG]

This outside shot shows how he ran the stitching on top of existing stitching, so that it is almost invisible. You can see the portion where the stitching is thicker. It is more noticeable in real life, but when wearing the boots, that portion is covered by the pants leg, anyway.

[​IMG]

This is an easy fix for anyone having the same problem with their boots. Hope this is helpful.

14. irbe

irbe Senior member

Me likes

15. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Thanks a lot, Frank. This helps.