RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the sideways pics. will take more tomorrow if possible along with comparison to Alden Cigar and C&J brown shell... along with a review of the boots...
    1st impression... fricking amazing!

2. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Damn those look good! Really rich brown. Looking forward to the shell comparison pics and the review!

3. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

this IS fricking amazing!! :slayer:

those extra-thick tempest sole is going to prolong your wearing!

must provide some pictures of you wearing them in the future, if you can.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

4. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ Is there a difference between those soles and the regular Tempest?

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Those are beautiful Calikid. I really like the natural edge finish with the brown shell. Will look forward to more photos. Enjoy wearing.

6. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Yes, more pics please, from all angles. Maybe a few action shots? How's the fit?

So are they the same ones that were posted on Rancourt's Facebook last week?

7. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

the fit is awesome... true to size is the way to go IMO.... i do believe that these are the ones posted on facebook last week.. I did ask for black stitching on the uppers and I know the pics show lighter but I think it is very very light black stitching in reality...
    more pics and review to follow.....

8. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Next to Alden Cigar Chukka

[​IMG]
    C&J Harlech, Alden Cigar, Blake boot

The boots are better than I expected. The color is very rich, every bit as nice as C&J and Alden. The shoes smell wonderful...
    Very comfortable right out of box.... the color of the sole looks great with the leather color....
    The only think noticed difference from other boots is the tongue does not come up very far (maybe you can see in 1st pic), but that doesn't really matter or bother me.
    I would say A+

I am thinking that these boots in green or navy shell would be unbelievable....

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^Those are so solid. I agree that blue or green shell would look great, but that pair, in brown, is going to wear beautifully for years and in so many situations. I'm sure you are going to have quite a few people admire them as the develop.

And I bet that smell is fantastic. That's practically my favorite thing about these really high quality shoes and boots. I think shell has a special smell too.

:slayer:

10. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Calikid,
    those look outstanding!
    thanks for sharing.
    seriously considering a pair over another pair of aldens, but one question:
    you mentioned the tongue doesn't come up far and in your photo it appears to not even reach the top of the laces. is that really the case?

11. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

It's also unusual how they are tied so tight at the top, compared to at the bottom.

12. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Those look wonderful Calikid. Thanks for the pics and write-up! The natural edging on the soles does look fantastic with the rich brown. Those could very well be go to boots for years to come.

Not sure about the length of the tongue, but I'm sure anyone ordering in the future could put in a request for a longer tongue. For a long tongue taken to Kiss level, see the Viberg boot I posted on the previous page!

The espresso shell would look nice on some loafers, and I can't wait to see the welted options in "Fall Part 2" next month. Undoubtedly their dress line will have quite a few candidates for a shell makeup.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

13. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

thanks...You're right... it barely reaches the top of the laces... if you end up ordering a pair I would think you could just tell them to make a longer tongue.... i don't know if it was a mistake or design flaw but i bet you could have them do whatever length you wanted...
    I really wanted the Alden cigar plain toe boot that was a limited edition item at LSBH but I think these are a pretty good substitute.... all in all I am very pleased....
    You're right... I didn't notice that until I laced them up and looked at the picture....I would think that Rancourt could rectify that and make them more even....

14. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Thanks... I am waiting to see if they offer a plain toe blucher shoe.....

15. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ A blucher is a staple absent from their current lineup. I think it is a very good bet that there will be a PTB in the welted lineup. Will be awesome to have all of their MTO options for a blucher.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012