• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Anyone know much about the 115 last? I Brannock 12D, previously tried it in an 11.5D and found it too tight in the toes. Thinking of 12E. I have wide toe splay so I feel like I often have to .5 up my size expectations.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know much about the 115 last? I Brannock 12D, previously tried it in an 11.5D and found it too tight in the toes. Thinking of 12E. I have wide toe splay so I feel like I often have to .5 up my size expectations.
I know the Rancourt 115 is the same as the Allen Edmonds 511 last. Personally I need to size up either a width or .5 in length from the 65 AE last in that one.

Hope that gives you something to go on.

Last edited:

barutanseijin

Reaction score
The prime determinant of whether a shoe fits is heel to ball length, not ‘how small can I jam it in expecting it to stretch,’ so this still feels like winging it.

But it’s all speculative without a Brannock and I agree one size down from trainers is often accurate for handsewns.

Reddit bros love to ride the Brannock heel to ball hobby horse, but how much does it really matter for handsewn shoes? The support is negligible no matter how you fit.

Garrister

Reaction score
I know the Rancourt 115 is the same as the Allen Edmonds 511 last. Personally I need to size up either a width or .5 in length from the 65 AE last in that one.

Hope that gives you something to go on.
The 115 is very similar to the 511. I go tts on the 511. I would probably do so on the 115 as well. But the 511 last does run slightly short. If you are used to the elongated toe box of the 65, I can see you wanting to size up -- especially if you have feet on the wide side. YMMV

jnik

Reaction score
Got my group order center loafers in. The Chromepak is beautiful. Very happy with them.
20230515_081622.jpg

BAK

Reaction score
How do the camp mocs fit? I wear a 9.5 A in the Van last from Alden. I measured my foot with their paper from the website and it said I was a 9.5 C. Do the camp mocs run tight?
When you say you wear an A width in Alden Van last, are you sure you're not wearing a C width? Alden labels their width inside the shoe as Heel Width/Ball Width, so a C width Alden would be marked inside the shoe as A/C. If that's inside your Alden shoe then you're actually a C width, which would make sense as to why the paper measurement said you're C.

bde

Reaction score
When you say you wear an A width in Alden Van last, are you sure you're not wearing a C width? Alden labels their width inside the shoe as Heel Width/Ball Width, so a C width Alden would be marked inside the shoe as A/C. If that's inside your Alden shoe then you're actually a C width, which would make sense as to why the paper measurement said you're C.
I wear AAA/A

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten in touch with Rancourt customer service this month? I've been trying to get an answer to a simple stock question for three weeks (e-mail, form, phone) and nobody answers/responds.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Yes. I have had no issues.
Thanks. Their website shows a single unexpected size/width (non-standard) in stock for a particular shoe, which I've been attempting to confirm. I like Rancourt but I've ordered "in stock" items in the past and quickly received e-mails saying "it's not actually in stock, it will be made and shipped to you in 10-12 weeks."

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Reltex lactae hevea cricket sole? Would appreciate if you could share your experience with them. I'm considering resoling my shell pinch pennies into something more cushioned than the Vibram 430 mini lugs I currently have on there. I really like the Vibrams but during a recent business trip, I noticed in a 2 week-long stretch of intense walking back and forth on hard floors that the hardness of the soles might have contributed to some knee pain due to lack of shock absorption. I have the Acadia and LH rally soles and they're very comfortable so wondering if the cricket would be comparable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads