• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Vibram beefrolls, so shiny!

Very shiny indeed. Is that a chirsty sole with a welt that I see? And what's the leather. Something makes me want to say wheat Cavalier, but you can tell me if I'm wrong. Enjoy wearing.

Funny you mention this, because I had my cobbler attach the tongue on my Indys for this very reason. I thought it was just me, but I guess it's the design. The speed lacing exacerbates the problem.
Anyway, attached tongue is good.

This works out well? Considering having this done, but I have this thought that maybe the stitching would tear away and damage the lining of the boot. Probably not, I guess.

And, for today, brown CXL pinch pennies. Getting a lot of wear out of these.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very shiny indeed. Is that a chirsty sole with a welt that I see? And what's the leather. Something makes me want to say wheat Cavalier, but you can tell me if I'm wrong. Enjoy wearing.
This works out well? Considering having this done, but I have this thought that maybe the stitching would tear away and damage the lining of the boot. Probably not, I guess.
And, for today, brown CXL pinch pennies. Getting a lot of wear out of these.

I can take a picture when I get home in a few days.. but basically, there is a row of stitching around the border of the tongue. He stitched along that border - so it's hidden fairly well - for about an inch or two. It's pretty secure. There were reports of the RL Lindricks, that were attached at just a single point, where the stitching tore out. But mine is pretty solid.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^That sounds good. I have this tongue slide issue on a few pairs of boots, so I will try this out on one of them.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rancourt now has a "Leather 101" page on their site. Nice descriptions of the many leathers they stock. Just wish it was accompanied by a list of the shades available.
http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/leathers
And pics/examples of each.

It would also be helpful if they made an "MTO Form" that listed all the variables and options available. Like if they listed all the colors they can do for linings. All the laces they have available. All the soles. Different kinds of eyelets. They can always add to it as new materials and colors are introduced.

That way MTO customers can just make a selection from each section.

I think it would save Taryn and the customers a lot of time in the long run, so that they don't have to email back and forth about every little detail, and she won't have to answer the same questions over and over again.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
@ Bakes, yep, exactly. Would, in the end, save a lot of back and forth.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Anyone ever thought of using the reverse side of CXL? These are a pair of Vibergs in natural CXL with the flesh out. Looks pretty good to me.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ that's some real nice boot right there!

btw, if they can provide pictures besides each of the leather description that would be even better!

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd noted that Leather 101 as well and it goes along way toward explaining all those Horween leather names. Photos would be great. Would save you from having to pick through the site for examples.

And I do like that reverse CXL. I didn't realize it had such a prominent texture. That could make a range of nice looking Rancourts.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
I was also quite surprised the first time I saw the reverse CXL. Looks outstanding to me. Especially the reverse natural, looks like a rougher version of snuff.

Rancourt uses the reverse side of the brown Plainsman on the mudguard of their "hippie shoe" collaboration with Hickoree's.

As an aside, I really like this shoe (minus the mudguard). This is a really clean design compared with the other chukka mocs on the Rancourt site.

Last edited:

Calikid

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am trying to post some pics of my new Blake Boots but they are showing up sideways... any suggestions?

Thanks

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
use windows picture viewer to turn them around

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads