• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Luscombe

Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday. They seem very soft and comfortable. I am looking forward to putting some miles on them.
I have the same size in a horsehide on the same sole. Those are very comfy and more boot-like. The leather is not a soft as the Essex. These Essex's feel almost like slippers. I am glad I got in on these.

Commisar

Reaction score
They only come in D widths.
That is a very comfy sole but slippery on wet surfaces. Basically a three eyed moc. Only way to get that configuration from Rancourt is a custom order.
Wow that creation looks AWESOME. I feel that their boat shoe style fits me the best and that's a boat shoe with an extra pair of eyelets.

Garrister

Reaction score
Rancourt is doing another crowdfunding event: https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/collections/holiday-sale-pre-order

There are some great fall and winter options. The stated shipping deadline is 12/9/22 for shoes ordered during this event.
Same models on offer as in past few crowd funding events at a higher price. Still represents a very good deal but nothing to get excited about here for aficionados. I would have preferred something new and different -- like a Weltline loafer, an Eastport in CXL, Blake boot or a Barlett oxford. None of these have been offered in past events.

bruc

Reaction score
Re baxter ranger moc is there any advantage to adding a liner?
Always have sizing problem right at 11 go with true to size or down 1/2 Ive read that they won't stretch lengthwise but will in width so size down on width or go true?

Last edited:

Luscombe

Reaction score
Re baxter ranger moc is there any advantage to adding a liner?
Always have sizing problem right at 11 go with true to size or down 1/2 Ive read that they won't stretch lengthwise but will in width so size down on width or go true?
A liner will help reduce the stretching. My CXL 11B fit fine when new but after 6 months I need a tongue pad, thin insert, and in some cases a tongue kiltie beneath the laces. Without the above, the uppers touch when laced tight. Sizing down 1/2 is not an option for me, except with camp soles, as the shoe flexes in the wrong spot. Crowdfunding gives you a chance to try the downsize at a lesser $ risk.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A liner will help reduce the stretching. My CXL 11B fit fine when new but after 6 months I need a tongue pad, thin insert, and in some cases a tongue kiltie beneath the laces. Without the above, the uppers touch when laced tight. Sizing down 1/2 is not an option for me, except with camp soles, as the shoe flexes in the wrong spot. Crowdfunding gives you a chance to try the downsize at a lesser $ risk.
Your Baxter has or does not have a lining?
Thanks

ULCajun

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know how the Byron or Harrison compare to an AE Higgins Mill?

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know how the Byron or Harrison compare to an AE Higgins Mill?
Never tried either but I can comment on the AE comparison. The Byron is on the 511, so I'd sat its probably gonna feel a lot like a Long Branch. The Harrison is on the 2592 so that's a lot harder for me to compare - at least to anything current. I guess if you can imagine taking an eastport and ripping out all the poron....

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curveball0656