• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The crowdfunding MTO starts Feb 7th, anyone here have any Read boat shoes and can speak to sizing them?

Everything I've read says either TTS or 1/2 under TTS.
I'd also go True to Brannock. I have a pair of Rancourt Shell boat shoes and half size down they are too tight. I don't wear them anymore. Damn shame, they are nice!

Commisar

Reaction score
It's the "fiberboard" that I have an issue with. I cannot imagine paying nearly $400 for a pair of shoes with cardboard insoles. How much more would it cost them to use a leather (actual leather, not leatherboard) insole? How much are they saving by putting a paper product in there instead?
Necropost but they used texon wrapped in leather. Loads of other Blake/rapid and Blake stiched shoes do the exact same thing for more money. Sure full leather would be great and I'll bet 3rd Party cobblers would be happy to oblige if you resole them with someone other than Rancourt. Note that rancourt actually replaces the insole when you resole the shoes with them.

Last edited:

Commisar

Reaction score
I'd also go True to Brannock. I have a pair of Rancourt Shell boat shoes and half size down they are too tight. I don't wear them anymore. Damn shame, they are nice!
Wow, I can't imagine letting shell anything close to a boat or a lake/ocean/river ?

PANJ

Reaction score
Did everyone receive their Black Friday orders?
I actually popped into this thread to ask the exact same question. Was initially supposed to ship first week of Jan, then I got an email saying it would ship the week of Jan 17. Have not heard anything since then. I guess it is not just me.

Commisar

Reaction score
I was told by Rancourt that they were swamped until last week with Olympic shoe orders. Ex. My order placed on October 28th arrives tomorrow, Jan 25th.

Commisar

Reaction score
Just called and this is what they suggested:
  • 9.5E for 115 lasted Derby
  • 9.5D for 114 lasted Penny (assuming I always go down 1/2 size for loafers)
  • 10D for 800 lasted Ranger Moc
They've recommended me as tts (9.5 C/D Brannock) in essentially everything they make which tracks very well. I'm definitely a 9.5 D on the 115 and the Harrison Redux boots. They also did I'm 9.5 D on the 800 last too.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members