• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Bavo

Reaction score
Something Special Came Today

I saw a post quite a while back of some Rangers in Horse Butt and thought that's a good idea. I like the CXL but it stretches. The horse butt is a little stiffer but breaks in nicely and becomes soft without stretching. Rancourt does not offer a horse butt option so you have to find and provide the leather to Rancourt. This makes the shoe/boots a bit more expensive but you get a custom-made shoe. I am not sure who else offers this kind of made-to-order shoes and boots on a one-off basis. Rancourt really is special.

It took a few emails and phone calls with David at Rancourt to get the details figured out. It was an easy process.

I ordered a pair of custom Acadia's, lined, full sock liner, brass hardware, and the RLH Rally sole. Man are these things comfortable. Part of the magic is the Rally sole. It is so..... comfortable. I hope it is not as slippery as the Aspen sole on the Baxter Moc's. That sole is the magic to the Baxter comfort.

Here are a few photos. View attachment 1710381 View attachment 1710382 View attachment 1710383 View attachment 1710384 View attachment 1710386 View attachment 1710387
Outstanding!

I couldn’t resist the sale. I had been on the fence for the the Rangeley beefrolls and pulled the trigger today.

Luscombe

Reaction score
Outstanding!

I couldn’t resist the sale. I had been on the fence for the the Rangeley beefrolls and pulled the trigger today.
Good choice! They will never be any cheaper than 25% off. Those will be really comfy once broken in.

I do love the Beefrolls but have not ventured into the slip ons with Rancourt. I wish i could but my feet are too narrow and I need to be able to lace them. Russell Moc makes a similar shoe with a chromepac sole called the Oneida. It is laced. Mine are about 20 years old and are my favorite driving moc.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I just jumped into the Rancourt pool with the Sherman Camp Moc in choco bison on RLH crepe soles. Nice looking, ought to be very comfortable. Sure hope it fits! 😅

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick and dirties from my latest Rancourt mail call.

Dirigo Handsewn Boot - Dark Brown Bristol

Debating whether I should have just had these boots made up at standard specs with the Dark Brown Bristol. The leather really drew me towards these boots. My first pair from the Dirigo line. Did not come with the standard dusters, coasters, and shoe horn.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't love the look from the sole, but do like them from up top. I've never seen a model like this. Looks like a cross between a beefroll and camp moc.

Love my pair:

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 16.7%