• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
Was traipsing around a bit in the Rancourt Reverse Shell Chukkas today.

bNdIiSf.png

bruc

Reaction score
Re Harrison Boots

How is the RLH sole in wet snowy weather grippy slippery?
Better off with a vibram sole?

Is natural essex stiffer compared to carolina brown and nat chromexal?
Would essex be better in wet snowy conditions and for hiking?

RobotUser63

Reaction score
I'm seriously looking at these. Are they TTS in your Brannock size? Thanks
I highly recommend them! They are my new favorite business casual shoe, and even work well with jeans. I did quite a bit of walking in them and they were very comfortable.

All in all, I would say true to size to your brannock. I printed out Rancourt's size chart, and with socks on, I came in a hair under 10D, which is what size I went with. I wouldn't have been sad if I went with 10.5D if I wanted a little more room, but definitely not necessary since they are so comfy.

Commisar

Reaction score
I highly recommend them! They are my new favorite business casual shoe, and even work well with jeans. I did quite a bit of walking in them and they were very comfortable.

All in all, I would say true to size to your brannock. I printed out Rancourt's size chart, and with socks on, I came in a hair under 10D, which is what size I went with. I wouldn't have been sad if I went with 10.5D if I wanted a little more room, but definitely not necessary since they are so comfy.
Ah ok, so your Brannock is 10D?

I actually have 2 Rancourt Derbys in the way, 1 in 9.5 D and 1 in 9 D to compare.

GaiusM

Reaction score
Ah ok, so your Brannock is 10D?

I actually have 2 Rancourt Derbys in the way, 1 in 9.5 D and 1 in 9 D to compare.
Not him but I also have a pair of longwings.
Not sure on my Brannock. I printed out Rancourt's sizing chart and made decisions based on that. They recommended to go up a half width for Chandlers and 115 last in general. That fit perfectly, best fitting pair yet out of the box.
Completely agree with @RobotUser63. They work well with a wide range, from jeans to business casual and could probably even go with a suit for an informal occasion.
115 is a slightly narrower last so you may need to bump up to an E if you normally wear D but try them on and see how they feel. So far I have no complaints.

Commisar

Reaction score
Not him but I also have a pair of longwings.
Not sure on my Brannock. I printed out Rancourt's sizing chart and made decisions based on that. They recommended to go up a half width for Chandlers and 115 last in general. That fit perfectly, best fitting pair yet out of the box.
Completely agree with @RobotUser63. They work well with a wide range, from jeans to business casual and could probably even go with a suit for an informal occasion.
115 is a slightly narrower last so you may need to bump up to an E if you normally wear D but try them on and see how they feel. So far I have no complaints.
Cool. From what I've read they're TTS or maybe a .5 size down from Brannock. I'll let everyone know ?. Also..... I must have really messed up that printed size guide because MAN according to that I'm a 9 and an 8.5 or so.

Luscombe

Reaction score
Cool. From what I've read they're TTS or maybe a .5 size down from Brannock. I'll let everyone know ?. Also..... I must have really messed up that printed size guide because MAN according to that I'm a 9 and an 8.5 or so.
The 115 last fits me perfectly. I have am an 11B on the Brannock and that is what I ordered in the Byron & Knox boots. I would agree that the last is on the narrow side and probably why it fits me so well. The footbed is spot on for me.

Commisar

Reaction score
The 115 last fits me perfectly. I have am an 11B on the Brannock and that is what I ordered in the Byron & Knox boots. I would agree that the last is on the narrow side and probably why it fits me so well. The footbed is spot on for me.
Ah ha. Well if it's not narrower than the AE 65 last I'm Golden.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads