• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

GaiusM

Reaction score
They cannot per Rancourt which is why I asked if anyone had any luck resoling through third parties or by other methods. Specifically asking if anyone has explored other alternatives.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They cannot per Rancourt which is why I asked if anyone had any luck resoling through third parties or by other methods. Specifically asking if anyone has explored other alternatives.
Oh sorry, misread your OP. No, I typically avoid purchasing shoes that can't be resoled

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Starting to bring out from storage my f/w wardrobe and decided to snap a shot of my Rancourt collection. They all need some cleaning and TLC of varying degrees. I love every single pair.

PXL_20210917_132306750.PORTRAIT.jpg

From L to R:
- Carolina Brown Camp Mocs
- Bulldog Tan Camp Mocs
- CXL Ranger Mocs
- Bulldog Tan Beefroll Penny
- Brown Eastport Penny
- Tan Bit Loafer

JDKing

Reaction score
Oh sorry, misread your OP. No, I typically avoid purchasing shoes that can't be resoled
"We’re often asked if our traveler shoes can be re-soled and the answer is a little complicated so I️ wanted to explain why.
The traveler sole is a cup sole meaning it has a cupped shape with high sidewalls that come up on to the side of the uppers. The upper sits inside of the sole. The sidewalls protect the uppers making the shoes more durable and also adding a sportier look. Generally, this type of sole cannot be replaced because we glue the sole to the upper before stitching and if the sole is removed it will tear the uppers.
However, Chromexcel is very waxy by nature which makes it difficult to permanently bond anything to it. That’s one reason we stitch all of our cup soles using a sidewall stitching machine, it makes the construction more durable.
All Lactae Hevea soles are made from 100% natural latex, including the traveler soles. These soles also have natural oils that make them hard to bond. So the combination of the Chromexcel and LH soles means we can generally remove the traveler soles without damaging the uppers. #madeinmaine #madeinusa #handmade

https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/gilman-traveler.html @ Rancourt & Co. Shoecrafters"

This was from a Facebook post on June 16, 2020

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"We’re often asked if our traveler shoes can be re-soled and the answer is a little complicated so I️ wanted to explain why.
The traveler sole is a cup sole meaning it has a cupped shape with high sidewalls that come up on to the side of the uppers. The upper sits inside of the sole. The sidewalls protect the uppers making the shoes more durable and also adding a sportier look. Generally, this type of sole cannot be replaced because we glue the sole to the upper before stitching and if the sole is removed it will tear the uppers.
However, Chromexcel is very waxy by nature which makes it difficult to permanently bond anything to it. That’s one reason we stitch all of our cup soles using a sidewall stitching machine, it makes the construction more durable.
All Lactae Hevea soles are made from 100% natural latex, including the traveler soles. These soles also have natural oils that make them hard to bond. So the combination of the Chromexcel and LH soles means we can generally remove the traveler soles without damaging the uppers. #madeinmaine #madeinusa #handmade

https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/gilman-traveler.html @ Rancourt & Co. Shoecrafters"

Ah, thanks!

NonChalant321

Reaction score

Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly, but it sounds to me like they're saying the traveler mocs can be resoled since the uppers won't tear.

Bacharini

Reaction score
I'm really liking my new beefroll penny loafers on the LH sole. Beautiful, comfortable shoes. However the sole split in the front after only a few wears. Pretty bummed. :(
IMG_20211006_160234.jpg

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.