• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rancourt hasn't updated their website in a while. I got excited when filtered by my size and then click on the boots, only to see its sold out. Haha.

edgarallanpoe

Reaction score
My crowdfunding order came in a few days ago. I wanted a black pair to go with my brown so this was a perfect opportunity to do it. Perfect fit and they are insanely comfortable. I must admit to being less than pleased with the top on the one boot..you can see the line going diagonally , that was there before I even put them on..not a big deal but after wearing them a couple of times there is a clear difference between the two boots. Still, super comfortable and nothing bad enough to send back.

Attachments

edgarallanpoe

Reaction score
That is the nature of CXL.
Maybe...but I've never seen it this stark. Especially between two boots of the same pair. Like I said...not a deal breaker just a shoulder shrug. If you look closely you can also see bumps in the leather that aren't on the left shoe. I own a ton of CXL boots and shoes and haven't seen this before.

DooDahMan

Reaction score
Maybe...but I've never seen it this stark. Especially between two boots of the same pair. Like I said...not a deal breaker just a shoulder shrug. If you look closely you can also see bumps in the leather that aren't on the left shoe. I own a ton of CXL boots and shoes and haven't seen this before.
I have some Whites boots like that, one is perfect and the other looked haggard before I even put it on.. Funny enough it always seems to be the right shoe when I see uneven creasing. I dont know why but its a consistent pattern Ive seen.

WSB17

Reaction score

Did they stop their custom, MTO, program ?
If I remember correctly they had many styles and leather options, including shell.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seven weeks after my March 22 order and I finally get a shipping notice only to learn they’ve chosen the @&?$ FedEx + USPS “Smart Post.” Expected delivery date 8 days out.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even regular FedEx sucks ass. I recently had a package take 2 weeks to make less than a two-hour Drive.
Like mobile service providers, I feel like shipping companies service varies by region.

Fedex for me is usually on time or they deliver early.

DooDahMan

Reaction score
Like mobile service providers, I feel like shipping companies service varies by region.

Fedex for me is usually on time or they deliver early.
I guess I should have been more specific. I usially have had better experiences with FedEx than UPS. I order regularly from the same business that shipped the pack that took two weeks, usually things arrive next day or at most 2 days after I order. Just with regular ground.

Lately packages have been showing that same next day estimated delivery, but then they are rescheduled every day for a week or 2 until they eventually show up.

This is a currently currently happening to a pair of beef rolls that I am waiting on from Rancourts crowdfunding

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.