Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

[​IMG]

2. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Finally getting around to posting pics from my trip to Lewiston a couple months ago:

[​IMG]
    Kyle and me talking details.

[​IMG]
    Some suede options, the two naturl latex soles, and some deerskin lining.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012

3. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Royal Blue loafers are awesome. Nicely done.

Thanks for posting pics of your visit to Rancourt. Jealous. Would love to see the factory and get hands on with the MTO options.

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I like Kyles boat shoes.
    They seem to have just the right amount of wear on them to look super comfortable and relaxed and not yet ratty.
    I wish my Sebagos would look like that, but the leather has a plasticy shine to it and is just way too stiff.

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Managed to stop in PDG on my way through Portland the other day. Definitely worth the visit. Great shop with a lot of nice goods and had an extremely pleasant talk with the gentleman who helped me. Forgetting his name at the moment, but I'll edit when I think if it. And the Rancourt shoe bar is a very nice feature.

:slayer:

Enjoy.

And completely understand not wanting to have shell beaters, but the shell can actually put up with a lot. That being said, I think some of the Horween cow hides are pretty indestructible. CXL of course, and let us know how the Rockford wears.

6. gentpax

gentpax Senior member

Frank,

Will do. I have several pairs of shell, and I don't treat any of it too dearly. The choice to avoid shell wasn't a durability thing. It's was a hot climate thing.

7. FrankCowperwood

That makes a great deal of sense, considering how the extraordinarly hot summer has limited my own shell wear outside of the Rancourt beefrolls, which have a nice breathable fit for me.

Again, enjoy and definitely let us know at this Rockford leather is all about.

8. ukinne

ukinne New Member

I am interested in the 5 eyelet boot in some color suede, but wondered if anyone has done one with the Lactae Haeve sole (spelling wrong !!). I think one of the weatherproof suedes from red wing would be an interesting combination with this sole.
    Has anybody made up such a boot?
    Thanks much
    N

9. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Don't think we've seen any boots with a RLH sole on here. Not sure, but it might be a little on the thin side for a boot. Perhaps the crepe sole would be better. Crepe soles are available with a step as well (see link below).

Also interested in the waterproof suedes. Please share any info you are able to gather. (e.g. colors available, comparisons with other types of suede etc)

Just a thought, but for the 5 eyelet boot, you might consider going blind eyed.

http://www.hickorees.com/brand/ranc...-suede-moccasin-boot-grey-hickorees-exclusive

10. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Are there any discount codes for the main site?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

11. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

12. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

As it happens, Kyle offered to re-last the Venetian loafers on the 555. Not sure what last was on there before. Nor am I sure when they will come in, but I must say the Rancourts are stand up business people. I didn't ask for any consideration. I was ready to move onto to something else, but I'm optimistic that the adjustments will work out fine.

13. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ That's awesome. Glad to hear things are working out, and Rancourt was eager to please.

Anybody know if the 555 last is the standard last for beefroll loafers? I'd like something a little more narrow than my beefrolls, maybe the 555 is the ticket?

14. sharkminusbear

sharkminusbear Senior member

What's the best way to get in contact for MTO questions? I sent one through the site last week and haven't received a response. I'm trying to see if a cap toe on the blake boot is a possibility, I think it would look pretty nice in brown cxl or color 8.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

15. FrankCowperwood

Truly outstanding. We all know that buying MTO shoes by mail is a risk, and Rancourt's stated policy says as much. It does seem like very good business to me for them to help you out here as best they can. Perhaps they see it as investing in a long-term customer. Whatever the reason, here's to the relasting putting those great loafers on your feet. If this works, We'll have to keep an eye out for some very green suede shoes at airports around the country. We'll all know it's you. :)

My guess is that the beefrolls are not on the 555. Let me try to take a photo of my beefrolls next to my ranger mocs. They are different sizes (11E vs. 11.5D) in addition to being what I think are different lasts, so it may be comparing apples and oranges a bit too much, but I'll give it a shot.

Taryn King is the new MTO manager at Rancourt. She's introduced herself here on the Rancourt thread a few pages back, so you can try to PM her. I'll also PM you her direct email address, in case someone else hasn't already. I think they have a customer service phone number on the website too.