• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

davec737

Reaction score
Got my crowdfunded Ranger Mocs, the other day and just had question. The back of each shoe has a circular hole on leather from an awl or? I like them and will be keeping and wearing but just wondering. I have other blucher mocs made in Maine that don't have this.

20200808_132221.jpg

Attachments

alpenglowing

Reaction score
Got my crowdfunded Ranger Mocs, the other day and just had question. The back of each shoe has a circular hole on leather from an awl or? I like them and will be keeping and wearing but just wondering. I have other blucher mocs made in Maine that don't have this.

View attachment 1437928
Those look like lasting holes. They’re usually covered up, but not always.

davec737

Reaction score
ah, gotcha, just found some on a pair of eastlands also, just curious. Thank you.

ajd578

Reaction score
ah, gotcha, just found some on a pair of eastlands also, just curious. Thank you.
I just checked three pairs and they're only really hidden on the kudu suede (Rancourt) pair. The other two are CXL (quoddy) and horsebutt CXL (Rancourt).

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

View attachment 1437928
Those are definitely lasting holes, where the upper is nailed to the last to keep it in place. This is on every lasted shoe essentially, sometimes they manage to hide them perfectly, sometimes they poke out some. Enjoy your new beautiful hand made shoes!

-Mike

Luscombe

Reaction score
Came home from work today and saw a Rancourt box on the porch. I got real excited cause I thought it was a pair of my crowdfunding shoes. Well, it wasn't but it was still a Rancourt item and it is still awesome.

If you do not have one of these, you need to get one. The workmanship is great and I think it is one of the best deals at Rancourt. A CXL belt with a natural lining. My old Chaps belt is headed for the bin.

Attachments

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Came home from work today and saw a Rancourt box on the porch. I got real excited cause I thought it was a pair of my crowdfunding shoes. Well, it wasn't but it was still a Rancourt item and it is still awesome.

If you do not have one of these, you need to get one. The workmanship is great and I think it is one of the best deals at Rancourt. A CXL belt with a natural lining. My old Chaps belt is headed for the bin.
Congratulations on your new Belt acquisition! Rancourt makes a lot of amazing great products! Glad to hear that belts are amongst them!

-Mike

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.