• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

smartbrother

Reaction score
Those are amazing! I see they still have them but with the camp sole I believe. Were those a limited run or custom?
I e-mailed Rancourt and asked them to make it with the traveler sole, same with the chukka. Rancourt is very flexible.

smartbrother

Reaction score
What is the difference between the classic ranger moc and traveller?
"Traveller Sole" is the name of the side-wall stitched brown rubber sole in my photos above. Everything else from the traditional ranger moc is the same.

norymeoreason41

Reaction score
"Traveller Sole" is the name of the side-wall stitched brown rubber sole in my photos above. Everything else from the traditional ranger moc is the same.
I like the look and I think the comfort must be fantastic. I don’t think they can be resoled but I suppose that sole is built to last.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Thanks! It's a waxed flesh leather called "Ink Legacy".
Nice! Wondering what a boot would look like in this leather...hmmmm....it also would make a great looking boat shoe!
Special make up I presume? Who makes the leather?

smartbrother

Reaction score
Nice! Wondering what a boot would look like in this leather...hmmmm....it also would make a great looking boat shoe!
Special make up I presume? Who makes the leather?
It was a special make-up. I'm not sure the tannery. Best to e-mail Rancourt and ask which waxed flesh leathers they have available.

smartbrother

Reaction score
What color pants or shorts do you wear with flint kudu?

I love the look and am considering them on beef rolls, but It’s hard for me to get a sense of what I’d wear them without seeing them in real life.
It's gray with brown undertones, so I wear it with black jeans, blue jeans, and chinos in Various shades of brown...it's pretty versatile.

Erikdayo

Reaction score
Seems almost time to get these heels replaced already. They only have around a dozen wears on them. Anyone else find the stock heels not very durable?

My cobbler did reopen so I’ll be taking them in tomorrow along with the beefrolls. I know he recommended Vibram heels preciously.

there’s about 1.5mm left on these 5mm heels.

73BF2D0B-0983-4ACE-A448-DF5309D6665E.jpeg

Last edited:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems almost time to get these heels replaced already. They only have around a dozen wears on them. Anyone else find the stock heels not very durable?

My cobbler did reopen so I’ll be taking them in tomorrow along with the beefrolls. I know he recommended Vibram heels preciously.

there’s about 1.5mm left on these 5mm heels.
They don't wear at a constant rate. The wear down fast when they are square, and then once they get rounded off, they wear much more slowly.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.