• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New shoe goofin' today.

Acadia Chukka in Walnut waxed flesh on a traveler sole, and Ranger Moc in Ink Legacy waxed flesh on a traveler sole.

C1B22CE8-BF48-4388-9292-FFF55D51FD9B.jpeg
25E5FD28-6974-4AC6-B70C-58B4CA2E83EB.jpeg
05602673-CB77-4D42-B0E2-6DA349A2DC19.jpeg
7C324C83-AFF1-4AB6-ACEF-376A29D6D71D.jpeg
A4BC38B3-BC6A-4A7B-89EB-BCF89E3985CB.jpeg
BD3B105C-AC60-479D-BE3C-1E927AA2F920.jpeg

CMT1

Reaction score
Thanks Mike! Love all of your recent exotic shell makeups and hope to do something similar in a few months when the weather really turns.

Have a great Sunday!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These came in on Thursday. Have not gotten a chance to wear or take daylight pictures.Also forgot to get a shot of the navy back piece.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
These came in on Thursday. Have not gotten a chance to wear or take daylight pictures.Also forgot to get a shot of the navy back piece.

Wow Churchill, those are just fantastic sir!!! Congratulations!!! Those look very familiar which is a great thing because I love my pair!!!

Interesting that it looks like Rancourt got a new box.

-Mike

BAK

Reaction score
Wow Churchill, those are just fantastic sir!!! Congratulations!!! Those look very familiar which is a great thing because I love my pair!!!

Interesting that it looks like Rancourt got a new box.

-Mike
They were using that logo/box for their Court Classics (sneakers). Possible someone grabbed the wrong box. Also possible they made a switch I guess, but seems odd they'd abandon the other logo as it's a good one.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, first time on this forum. I've been going back and forth trying to decide on whether to settle on the 1967 or Acacia chukkas from Rancourt. The 1967s are made from Heavyweight steerhide Chromepak, the Acacias from Horween Chromexcel. Does anyone know the dif between these two leathers? Or have a preference between the two styles?

-- Chris

Besides what has already been mentioned about the weight of the Chromepak leather vs the CXL, I’ll add that the 1967 comes on Rancourt’s Vibram minilug sole and the Acadia comes on their “Caliber” sole. I’m not really a fan of the minilug on the chukka as it looks a little clunky on there but that’s totally subjective. I have the caliber sole on a pair of Ranger Mocs I had made up a couple months ago and really love that sole. It’s very comfortable and a bit lighter weight than some of the other soles they offer and there is still plenty of grip.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
They were using that logo/box for their Court Classics (sneakers). Possible someone grabbed the wrong box. Also possible they made a switch I guess, but seems odd they'd abandon the other logo as it's a good one.

Interesting that they were sneaker boxes. I was wondering about the different logo. I like their normal logo with the needle a lot better.

-Mike

Xtoph99

Reaction score
Thanks for the input about 1967 vs Acadia chukkas; looks like I'll go for the Acadia chukkas. One more question, as this'll be my first order from Rancourt: in general, would you say Rancourt chukkas tend to run on the larger or smaller side, as far as sizing goes?

I've got wide feet; I tried a pair of Seneca chukkas from Eastland in 10.5 E and it was still pretty narrow! Should I try the Acadia chukkas in 10.5 EE?

-- Chris

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are beasts and look ready to handle that unimaginable chill.

-Mike
One of my better boot purchases, limited use but when you need them, you NEED them. Have worn them twice since getting them last summer. But feet have stayed warm and dry in sub 10 degree weather and that is the reason I bought them. If I never have to wear them again, I'm ok with that as well :)

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here a EE? If so, do you ever take a EEE in shoes by other makers? I'm a EEE (mostly due to a high instep, my feet are wide too but the high instep is the thing that really presents fit issues) and would love to try Rancourts but they don't make a EEE. I've contacted them in the past and they just don't have the tooling for EEE, it seems. I know I could go a half size up in length, but I just don't want to do that. Once you get used to having shoes that fit really well it's hard to make compromises!

Quoddy makes a EEE and I really love their shoes, but it would be nice to try the other great Maine shoemaker too. So if anyone is a EE who occasionally wears a EEE from other makers I'd love to hear your thoughts on Rancourt's fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads