• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Kashiwa

Reaction score
^^ Good question. Not really my cup of tea either.

Steve McQueen (not a ring boot, but it could be)

Guide to ring boot styling below. I think the advice about wearing these with cropped or tapered pants is on spot.

http://guidetobadtaste.blogspot.jp/2010/04/ring-boots.html

Pants swallowing the ring boot is not a good look IMO.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the ring boot to me? I've never understood who wears these...I imagine they're only purchased by hipsters to wear while traveling to purchase moustache wax.
+1

I was beginning to feel like I might be the only non-hipster on this forum.

They could probably also be worn while waiting in line in front of the Apple store for 8hrs to be the first person in their twitter group to purchase the iPhone 5 and then tweet about it boastfully.

Or perhaps they could be worn while protesting a financial institution but not knowing exactly why they are protesting it.

Last edited:

Kashiwa

Reaction score

+1

Or perhaps they could be worn while protesting a financial institution but now knowing exactly why they are protesting it.

+1 Ring boots or not, everyone now knows exactly why financial institutions deserve a little protest (not to say that financial institutions are the only or even main problem).

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tv2177, those look very cool! My guess is that they wouldn't be as grippy as the Tempest? Looking forward to your report!
I'd like some Dainite soles, I think. Wonder if Rancourt has any plans to stock them.

Is this a new Dainite sole, or something different? I've never seen this version before.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1
I was beginning to feel like I might be the only non-hipster on this forum.

They could probably also be worn while waiting in line in front of the Apple store for 8hrs to be the first person in their twitter group to purchase the iPhone 5 and then tweet about it boastfully.  

Or perhaps they could be worn while protesting a financial institution but not knowing exactly why they are protesting it.

Bakes, sorry for the off topic question, but what is the boot in your avatar? Very nice.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't really know much about the Dainite sole. It doesn't seem like a lot of makers are using it, but maybe I'm wrong. The pic is from Epaulet.
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1545/Thompson-Plain-Toe-Blucher/Detail

Thanks, this is helpful. So it is Dainite, on a Carmina shoe. I just like it because it looks to be not as clunky as the standard Dainite sole, which I find to be a little uncomfortable with its bigger lugs. Maybe we'll see something like this when Rancourt brings out its welted shoes.

Last edited:

Kashiwa

Reaction score
^^ + 1. Would really like to see some Dainite sole options, and also the Vibram version of this Alden commando sole. This would be awesome for boots and ranger mocs.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Speedhooks would be a nice addition to the blake.. might email kyle about that.

Here's the sample blake we have here, it's kind of the end all boot for Rancourt - Bison Leather, Deerskin lined, oil resistant sole. dont mind me milking as much "Americana" out of it as possible with the bandana; it was for a display.

also shot a recent custom but left my camera cord at home again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads