1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Aenonymous

Aenonymous Senior Member

Sorry for the late reply. Those are #8. If they were Espresso Shell the last digits would have been 03S (03=dark brown/espresso & S=shell). Nice grab.

2. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

That choco bison is the BUSINESS.

3. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

Very limited need for this, but, maybe 2 pairs. :)

4. madhat

Haha! Indeed. I'm going to see how woozy I am after Thursday before jumping on this one. ;p

5. BagleyBrown

Nice to have 2 weeks to contemplate, but why not run this in October, March 21 predicted delivery is not optimal for my spring/summer needs.

Still, I have been wanting this for awhile, I hope they will consider a 15d.

6. Andrew Carkhuff

Andrew Carkhuff Senior Member

Good to know, thank you!

7. madhat

Have they turned you down yet? Mine's a special request as well tacking on a few Es

8. BagleyBrown

We have discussed shearling lining, they need a larger last- they did not say no, but did not say yes. I think they will. But, what happened to "I am done buying footwear!"

I am up to 2 trunkers in my mind and a freakin third is nipping at my heels. THEN I will close the door. (really!)

9. madhat

Yup...I was thinking "haha! He so said he was done for a while! Rancourt and AE pull him back in!"
    I said the same...and then I think about what I'm about to drop this week...ignoring my 3Bs from Alden on order...I still am kinda thinking about this boot.

10. audog

audog Distinguished Member

I haven't pulled the trigger on the shearling boot yet. Right now I'm thinking that it will arrive after really cold weather has passed, so they will just sit until next winter, unused and maybe worn one or two times. However it is a savings of $90 and there is the element that they may not make them part of the regular lineup. I have to weasel myself for a few more days, but we have up until the 21st.

11. madhat

I agree with you and @BagleyBrown that this is a little late in the season to be offering this boot.

12. audog

Part of me is just saying wait until next September or so, keep the $90 in the account and if not offered in fall, it wasn't meant to be. After all, I do have the shearling lined AE First Ave's.

13. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

Ordering shoes and boots off season is the best possible way of ensuring you"ll have it when the correct season comes round. Of course this is more common for MTO shoes and boots but even off the rack works fabulous when sales at the end of season occurs. So for both being prepared and saving money off season ordering really works best.

14. pima1234

pima1234 Senior Member

I wouldn't mind a Kingsfield Blucher. The boot looks to be awesome, I just find that boots tend to become more uncomfortable after a full day. Of course, I can't really wear my Bogs or Bean Boots to work... not without bringing a change of footwear, that is. The outsole of this boot, along with the wedge midsole is what attracts me. I'll bet it offers plenty of comfort and traction in the bad weather. My eye is on that natural CXL at the moment.

15. audog

That is the logic I used to weasel myself into ordering the Chocolate Bison a little while ago, so I'm in for a pair even if it is too warm when they arrive.