• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Pedlar

Reaction score
Brightons breaking in
3E07FD05-B1D0-4A73-B6E6-1EB7027DCA03.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MTO bison boots and shell belt today. In a recent relacing event I swapped out the original 60" (?) brown laces for a pair of 54" AE "blonde" from my Caens. I think it's a good match. @BagleyBrown with his extra eyelets probably wouldn't have enough laces to use these.

20190113_104114.jpg

20190113_104056.jpg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the boots, what pants are those?

LL Bean flannel lined khakis, it was in the teens here today.
The over thick boots feel like warm armor, they won't be my last pair like this...

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LL Bean flannel lined khakis, it was in the teens here today.
The over thick boots feel like warm armor, they won't be my last pair like this...
I like the pants (and the boots) my Rancourt's have done great duty in the snow, and looks like they may get to do it again this coming weekend.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The color on these is fantastic. Don't know that I'd want mine that thick, but a very cool experiment none the less.

Thanks for thr comment on my donegal suit

The benefit of ultra thick would depend on intended use (and temperature), but one thing is for sure. Without spot on fit, they would be horrible. :)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My MTO Greenwoods came in yesterday. Not that imaginative and have been wanting a Perforated Cap Toe boot in CXL for a while.

Took advantage of the 15% off sale for Black Friday and took receipt of my order yesterday. Final specs on the order confirmed with Rancourt on 12 December, so took a little over a month including the holiday shutdown from final spec confirmation to delivery.

Specs as listed on my packing list: Greenwood Boot, Color 8 CXL, Tan Lining, Antique Brass Eyelets/Speedhooks, Brown Laces, Montello Mini Lug Sole with Brown Edge Stain.

I was originally going to go no speedhooks, because they usually get caught on my trousers, but I think I will be wearing these fairly casually (read jeans and chinos). so changed back to speedhooks.

This is my biggest shoe box so far.

Dusters and shoehorn

Boots and coasters

Gusseted tongue

A little disappointed a better part of the hide was not clicked for the captoe on this foot.

Striations in leather

Loop through tongue to hold it in place.

Lined tongue

Profile view

Just threw them on for fit, won't actually be wearing them with trousers like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads