• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@madhat - Are you considering green shell pinch pennys also? I say we 3 go in together and shoot for another 5% off. It's a mini GMTO!

Sure am! I'm game...

Not sure if you guys are serious and if so, whether it needs to be green, but if yea and no, I'd be in for the caramel for 15% off.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely serious. Wanting green, but caramel would be cool as a second pair.

*high five*
If I had a clue on loafer fit, I'd definitely be your fifth wheel. Both of those sound frickin sweet.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! I had forgotten about that fit program. I should elaborate on what I mean about having a clue on loafer fit. I'm inexperienced with loafers and don't really know how they should feel out of the box so that they are comfy for me in the long haul. Not sure the fit program would really get me there on loafers.

That said, I couldn't help myself in doing a couple quick takes on green and caramel loafers. Hnnnnnggggg.

Screenshot_20180714-170157.png

Screenshot_20180714-170126.png

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha! I had forgotten about that fit program. I should elaborate on what I mean about having a clue on loafer fit. I'm inexperienced with loafers and don't really know how they should feel out of the box so that they are comfy for me in the long haul. Not sure the fit program would really get me there on loafers.

That said, I couldn't help myself in doing a couple quick takes on green and caramel loafers. Hnnnnnggggg.

View attachment 1004479

View attachment 1004480
The 114 is supposed to be low volume...

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 114 is supposed to be low volume...

They would need to make mine on their only size 15 last - the 555.
Have been thinking about them but 15% would end that, 10% might.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm out. My enthusiasm for an unlined light color shell loafer got a little ahead of my wallet. My apologies for the false alarm.

Mathfish

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a pair of 1967 boots. They are built on the 2592 last. My question is, does the 2592 fit simular to any Allen Edmonds footwear. I would like to use Allen Edmonds because i have some of their shoes, also there is a store down the road if I don't have anything in that last.
Thank you ahead of time, Bill

Aenonymous

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a pair of 1967 boots. They are built on the 2592 last. My question is, does the 2592 fit simular to any Allen Edmonds footwear. I would like to use Allen Edmonds because i have some of their shoes, also there is a store down the road if I don't have anything in that last.
Thank you ahead of time, Bill
I do not believe the 2592 is anything AE has used previously, but I could be wrong. The 1967 collection in general will likely run a half size large, due to the heavy weight of the Chromepak leather. It is SUPER thick compared to anything else anyone uses, so it will not sew/last as tightly to the last as anything you've likely worn before. But give them a call to confirm.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mathfish @Aenonymous

The AE Eastport is on their 2592 last.

And immediate response to those Pamolas is that I would like another pair - it is a service boot so also want thick thick leather and the chromepak sounds like a plan - wish there were a few more color choices, but lined (if possible) natural may just do the trick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads