• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Reaction score
Just received the Rancourt rangeley beefroll moc and they are AMAZING. Most comfortable shoes I've ever put on, and the chromepak sole is thick, but I believe there are two additional layers of leather ontop of the chromepak sole. I measure just over a 9 on Rancourt's sizing chart, and purchased a 9.5 as I wanted to be able to slip them on relatively easily and I chose wisely. Nice and solid when on the foot without sliding or slippage and still easy to slide on without putting much stress on the heel. Very happy with the purchase and will post pictures shortly.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the Rancourt rangeley beefroll moc and they are AMAZING. Most comfortable shoes I've ever put on, and the chromepak sole is thick, but I believe there are two additional layers of leather ontop of the chromepak sole. I measure just over a 9 on Rancourt's sizing chart, and purchased a 9.5 as I wanted to be able to slip them on relatively easily and I chose wisely. Nice and solid when on the foot without sliding or slippage and still easy to slide on without putting much stress on the heel. Very happy with the purchase and will post pictures shortly.

Nice! I was looking at getting some a while ago and they dropped off my radar accidentally. Can’t wait for pics.

Reaction score
Here is the best I could get with a busted camera on my iphone. I also didn't realise they were going to be lined. I have 6 other pairs of Rancourts and this is my first lined pair. They are unbelievably comfortable, hands down the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. Look great too. They are pretty heavy duty, the sole is seriously thick and the leather all around is very sturdy.
Rangeley beefroll 9.5.jpg

colco

Reaction score
How do you like that sole? Do you think Rancourt would do the plain camp moc soles with those?

I love the sole, very springy and supportive and somehow "stickier" or grippier than other crepe soled shoes I have had (Alden and Clarks). I can't speak as well as some other posters on whether they'll switch a sole for you as this is my first purchase. Their customer service was very responsive when I had sizing questions.

colco

Reaction score
Probably Brannock, but if you were to then wear them with thick socks, when you went back to sockless they would be noticeably looser. Not after just one time with thicker socks, but after a few.

I was mildly concerned that I needed a half size larger in my Sherman mocs. Tight in the toe box, heel and across the top of my foot. Wore them all day today with hiking socks (including tons of walking and a 12 mile bike ride) and just took off the socks and put them back on sockless and they are now perfect.

artvandelayexporter

Reaction score
Any camp moc owners out there care to comment on their purchase(s)? Obviously value is incredibly subjective - but do you feel you notice an appreciable difference in the longevity of your camp mocs over, say, Eastland or LL Bean? $250 isn't bad in the scheme of handsewn, made in the USA, but just trying to weight what footwear I should invest in. Thanks!

frankmartin

Reaction score
Any camp moc owners out there care to comment on their purchase(s)? Obviously value is incredibly subjective - but do you feel you notice an appreciable difference in the longevity of your camp mocs over, say, Eastland or LL Bean? $250 isn't bad in the scheme of handsewn, made in the USA, but just trying to weight what footwear I should invest in. Thanks!

My Rancourt camp mocs were absolutely worth every penny IMHO. I have one pair of Gilman camp mocs and two pairs of Sherman camp mocs. I prefer the Sherman camp mocs to the Gilman ones, but I wear both a lot. The Reltex Lactae Hevea soles on the Sherman camp mocs are more comfortable overall and the soles are taller. I bought all of them TTS (ie, true to my barefoot Brannock measurement).

T.N.

Reaction score
Going to pull a trigger on custom order on
Natural / Brown cxl penny loafer
natural midsole
Crepe natural sole

95% of the time I wear loafer with no show socks , and planning to add lining this time,
calfskin vs deerskin, any thoughts about it?

Planning to wear it foro weekend casual only, with chino shorts / jeans / chinos
year temperature of my city is from 10 to 33 celsius degree

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rancourt is certainly starting off on the right foot for my first purchase! Ordered caramel shell derby with a scheduled ship date of 5/15. Got notification of shipment today!

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if someone stocks a shell Rancourt moc or boat shoe with a lactea sole or softer white boat sole. I guess I'll take a crepe sole, but that's a little heavy if I remember correctly. I've found the camp sole with the mini nubs to be kinda hard. Don't want to go MTO. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads