• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait for the warm weather. A bit bummed I won’t be stopping by the factory again this year.

I’m gonna wear the hell out of these this year to lighten up the color 8.
662A191E-8DE2-47B0-91B0-2C3D243A7689.jpeg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently ordered an MTO from Rancourt, first non Olympian pair of boots offered to a retail client in my size 15d.

Happy with this attempt; Eliot cap-toe boots in unlined Horween olive bulldog leather with double leather midsole and lugs.

First wear out today!
IMG_2238.jpg IMG_2241.jpg IMG_2197.jpg IMG_2198.jpg IMG_2199.jpg

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I may need to sell my Sanford Bluchers. Caramel shell in 11.5E and #8 shell in 11.5EE. My right foot is wider than my left and I think I still need a little wider. Caramel were bought 7 months ago and #8 5 months ago.

I originally ordered 11E because that's what my Alden Barrie size is, but exchanged the 11E for 11.5E in the Caramel. However, the 11.5E still seems smaller than my 11E Barrie lasted Alden PTB in Ravello shell (and clearly looks smaller when I hold the 2 shoes up to each other).

I guess I need a 12E or EE. Anyone interested in these before I create a separate for sale post?

T.N.

Reaction score
I've just got a new pair or ranger moc with camp sole recently, and found the outsole squeaks loudly when I tried them on, is there any remedy to stop it?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the love!

Rancourt veterans, how should I size for the classic cxl ranger moc? I’m planning to wear them sockless.

Probably Brannock, but if you were to then wear them with thick socks, when you went back to sockless they would be noticeably looser. Not after just one time with thicker socks, but after a few.

JDKing

Reaction score
Hi! I noticed that Rancourt is running a sale on the shell Blake Boots. Do any of you gentlemen have a navy shell boot that you wouldn't mind posting a picture of? I don't really like the way that they look in Chromexcel, but I wonder if they might be a little more sleek in the shell. If you have them in shell (in any color) what do you think of them?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi! I noticed that Rancourt is running a sale on the shell Blake Boots. Do any of you gentlemen have a navy shell boot that you wouldn't mind posting a picture of? I don't really like the way that they look in Chromexcel, but I wonder if they might be a little more sleek in the shell. If you have them in shell (in any color) what do you think of them?
These were from when Rancourt was in town a few months ago.

JDKing

Reaction score
Thanks so much! Those look really good. For some reason the toe box look much slimmer on that pair than on their other Blake boots.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
listed 2 pairs of shell sanfords for sale

Reaction score
Originally wrote of the Sherman chocolate bison line as it looked a little too dark for my taste until I saw another shot of the camp mov with the LHC sole. Unfortunately, I saw this after I just ordered a pair of Rangeley Beefroll mocs which should be in tomorrow.
Rancourt-Sherman-Camp-Moc bison chocolate.jpg
Rangeley Beefroll.jpg

I'm thinking I'll have to get the Sherman camp mocs anyway...

Reaction score
The Lactae soles are absolutely great! I have been regularly wearing my Rancourt Shell Boatshoes since 2014 and there is still good traction. Also it is more forgiving as compared to your standard non-marking boat shoe sole.

Some picts when i first received the shoes. My dog seems to like them too.

Those are absolutely beautiful boat shoes. Kind of remind me a little of a cleaned up version of these:
Bjarga Boat shoe.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads