RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Third day in a row of my Rancourts. Loving them.

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

Anyone know where I could purchase rubber half-slips? ANd what to glute them on with? Local shop wants to charge me $20 but I'm thinking I can do it for cheaper?

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I'm a little behind on this thread...

These are classic. Very nice.

I have a pair in #8 shell, and I think they are very nice. Posted some recent photos a few pages back in this thread. I also just got a pair of the Ranger Mocs in green shell, and it is also great. I like how Rancourt finishes their shell, and both are lightweight and very nice on the foot. One thing you may want to think about is that the leather sole on the beefroll is really pretty informal for a leather sole. It's not one of these heavy, double layer ones on dress shoes. So you'd have to be pretty careful with it to keep it looking dress sharp. I have no idea whether this is a concern for you or not.

There's no doubt that these shoes are a lot of money, but they are very nice.

You don't need to take them off, right? I've been getting my CXL loafers wet and sandy and they just don't give up. Light water rolls off of CXL. Now I need to clean them up to see how they are surviving. I wonder if I should put Montana Pitch Blend on them (my standard for CXL) or try a little Venetian cream.

4. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I ordered those ranger mocs I just posted about July 15 or 16th (got the email from them the 16th) and received them August 1st. They say 3 weeks to delivery, and on the confirmation letter they said it would actually be shipping this coming Monday (the 6th, about 3 weeks) and in any case, I got them after about 2.5 weeks. They were shipped Fedex Ground to Long Island and made it here overnight.

Also, just put in my order for cxl #8, 3 eyelet, white sole. They say 2 weeks, so I'll get those just before a nice vacation to NH.

Decided after comparing to my bean boat shoes that I just would never want to wear those any more except as beaters, so might as well get nice ones in the style I like. :) The quality and thickness of the leather is just so different, and you can see all the places where these were sewn in layers vs thinly glued veneers on my Beans.

5. cloudyskies

cloudyskies Member

My first pair (Cordovan #8 Ranger Mocs) took a little more than three weeks in early summer. FedEx delivered it the day after it shipped, since I'm relatively close to Maine. I'm currently waiting for my second pair (Snuff Suede Boots), and they went into production on July 18, so it's been about 15 days or so. The original estimated date was 8/08, so it's not like I've been expecting them to ship sooner.

6. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Thanks to everyone that replied.

7. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

[​IMG]

About one month old, definitely tempted to get shell version sometime in the future.

8. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

[​IMG]

Overseas, so asked my sis to proxy for me haha

9. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

wow nice beefroll + vibram combo. they must fit like a glove.

I was informed by Rancourt that the tempest sole is out of stock till the middle of next month. I guess it turned out really to be a good outsole for urban living.

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

Like how the Vib makes the beefroll more casual. Plus will get good traction when I wear these bad boys in the fall / winter

11. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Good choice!

Here are mine in the wild today:

[​IMG]

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

That looks like a nice fit with socks (and some nice socks). I bet I'll end up with a pair with those wedge soles some day. Enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  13. calidist

calidist Senior member

What makeup are you getting with the Snuff Suede boots? I'm deciding between getting Snuff Suede in the mid-boot or ranger mocs.

14. cloudyskies

cloudyskies Member

I'm getting it unlined with honey RLH soles, nickel eyelets, gold nylon laces, and the midsole is natural with beige stitching. I based the makeup on the two pics of snuff suede on Rancourt's facebook page that I really liked, but I varied it up a bit with the model and sole so that it's not a direct copy. Hopefully it'll turn out okay.

FYI, Kyle told me that the mid boots and the ranger mocs are made on the same last, so the fit should be the same for whichever model you go with.

15. calidist

calidist Senior member

Similar to this: http://www.styleforum.net/t/197413/rancourt-co-shoes-made-in-maine/480_30#post_5503682? Did Kyle forward you any samples of the mid-boot in suede? I haven't asked yet...