Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

@CMT1 killer shine on both those pairs. What leather are the Reeds? Are the Bulldog?

My take in suede is don’t worry and get it dirty, but I guess it depends on where/when you want to be able to wear them.

@Mrtrex agree about not worrying about the belt match. Those are really pretty casual shoes so something they doesn’t look too much as if you are trying to match works in my book.

2. CMT1

CMT1 Senior Member

Thanks! They are caramel shell, had just seen some very light Saphir neutral cordovan cream and have already started taking on a killer color character after only four months of wear.

3. Shawnc

Shawnc Distinguished Member

Speaking of espresso, I am a little surprised that the Porter boot doesn't seem to get much love here. Wore mine over the weekend and did a little morning brushing. As an Alden enthusiast, rarely do I compare my footwear but Rancourt has done a really nice job with this shade of shell. Attached is a second shot for comparison.

Rancourt Cigars.jpg

Rancourt-Alden Cigars.jpg

4. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior Member

looks like one of the speed hooks on our left boot is loosening or perhaps misaligned when originally installed

5. Bigg T

Bigg T Well-Known Member

Those are really beautiful. I have a pair of Blake boots in Caramel Shell. They are starting to develop some nice depth of color and patina. The Espresso Shell seems so dark in the Rancourt adverts. Yours have a very nice depth of color. I am a big fan of my Rancourts.

6. Shawnc

Fortunately their loose, easy to move back in place. Hadn't noticed it. Thanks for catch.

I don't have much experience with Rancourt (maybe 3 shells and 1 pair of suede boots over time) but I have been v-e-r-y pleased with all of them. A part of the allure with these boots is that they were not super-dark. My initial pair was much darker and I returned them due to fit. I liked the boot and was willing to live with the darker color but was pleasantly surprised when the replacements came in a shade or two lighter.

Always appreciate the words BT, thanks.

7. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

Man that shade of espresso looks fantastic. My Wingtips are a shade darker than yours but really like them regardless. I did a comparison a while back of the different shades of brown Cordovan. C&J ,Rancourt and Alden.
    20F6614F-F674-461A-B73D-234C788A4C6A.jpeg

8. Shawnc

Holy crap M-12. That is some serious brown you have there!!!! Very impressive

9. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

Please post some pics of your caramel shell boots!!!

10. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

Thank you sir. It’s interesting to see what each individual maker applies to their shell. Rancourt certainly has the most shine. C&J adds a tad to much Brown polish but easily corrected. My Alden cap toes are probably my favorite color.

11. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

I only own unlined shell from Rancourt (3 pairs of loafers) but I agree the shine is amazing, and they brush up so nicely. I find my C&J shell is a tad dry, and I honestly feel like brushing gets me nowhere with it.

I don't own any Alden shell. Yet.