RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Did you know that those shoes are not Rancourt? They are made by Oak Street Bootmakers.

Incidentally, I have a pair of Rancourt Venetian loafers in 11D for sale :)

2. tricky

tricky Senior member

Ah I didn't. The listing was confusing but appreciate the clarification. I'll check out your listing too.

3. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

4. BackInTheJox

So I spoke via email with Donna at Rancourt. Apparently they are still able to make some shoes with the "leather rugby sole" which is the older, lighter colored (and perhaps less durable) sole they've used on their loafers in the past. This, however, would convert it to a "custom" shoe and there are no returns.

I haven't heard back from her yet on how (if at all) that would change the pricing to reflect a MTO order. I bought the loafers with 10% off (first time ordering from them directly), so I paid $585.

5. maida

maida Member

Anyone have the new Carson lows? Thinking of picking up a pair if they end up having a memorial day sale. $175 is just a bit steep for sneakers. Also, anyone know if they are re-soleable?

6. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I remember when they released their Court Low/high collection it was met with criticism since they would not be able to do a resole. I am not sure if that's changed but I recently asked about the new traveler sole on their Essex line and was told they were not eligible for refurb.

Edit: just checked old messages and the response I got was "... any cup sole cannot be replaced without destroying the uppers...".

Last edited: May 25, 2017 at 8:20 AM
  7. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I just sent back my whiskey shell venetians for resole, the uppers were coming apart from the sole. I don't remember if they were lined or not. Will need to double check if I can tell from the pictures I have.

8. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I look forward to hearing the results! I know that the venetians done for leffot and bb are both unlined. Did you store them with trees?

9. Churchill W

My venetians are the Leffot ones. I did not store them with trees, just newspaper as I don't want them to stretch.

10. BackInTheJox

IMG_4756.JPG IMG_4757.JPG The sun is finally back out, so I'm going with the natural shell pinch penny loafers.

11. Churchill W

My other Rancourt for Leffot Venetians today. The member I bought them from said there are #6.

CameraZOOM-20170526103907204.jpg

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I mean to get a pair of those Venetians someday. Does anyone know if the Leffot version is different from the BB version? Stitching looks a little different to me. Seems like Leffot isn't doing these anymore either. I guess I could ask Rancourt for an MTO.

Also, color #6? I do recall Leffot having an unusual color in these. But these also look like they could be really nicely aged #8.

Great shoes!

13. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Really digging the venetians. The color is great on those. The ones for leffot do have some slightly different stitching to the bb version which seems for in line with the stock Venetian pattern.

I'm going to inquire about a MTO in the leffot pattern or what we can do to experiment and come close. I cannot figure out which last the leffot one is on but it looks like 800.

14. Churchill W

I spoke to Donna from Rancourt this morning as she called to ask which soles (out and mid) I wanted my whiskeys replaced with and wasn't too sure about the midsole, but I think we agreed on a leather midsole (because she said this would make them more durable she mentioned something about extra stitching going into it) and a montello temptest outsole. Opted for the latter as I don't want to resole too often. Hopefully, the extra mid sole does not make it too heavy.

Yeah not sure, that's what the listing listed it at, but never heard of it before then. The box that came with it has no markings either so...

Just did a quick Google search and this site has it listed too: http://fityn.com/horween-shell-cordovan-color-chart-in-shoes/
    I actually have a pair of Venetians from BB also in navy non-shell. Didn't notice the stitching like you guys, but could take a compare pic over the weekend.