RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. irbe

irbe Senior member

Called and ordered these. Would have prefer the wheat, but sold out online. Guess I will be wearing these with pants more then denim.

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I mentioned a few pages back that I plan on buying my dad some Rancourt Read Boat Shoes - Brown Chromexel for his Bday. Getting ready to pull the trigger on them and just want to see if anyone has any insight on the sizing before I do. He is 9.5D TTS. That's what size his Gucci Loafers are for example. I know that it says on the Rancourt website that their shoes typically run TTS. Also, I know Chromexel tends to stretch, boat shoes are often worn without socks, heels often slip out of slip-on shoes, ect. Given all these factors, is there any reason that I should not get him 9.5D TTS?

Also, I find it weird that they have 9.5B, 9.5D, 9.5E and 9.5EE but no 9.5C. Can anyone figure out why they omit the C width?

3. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

You see the same thing with other shoe brands, "C" widths are not offered. I'm sure it's because "C" widths are the least common shoe width, but I can't say with certainty.

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I'd say you should contact Kyle and ask him for help.
    He knows quite a lot about the sizing of shoes and especially knows about competetive products like Sperrys and Sebagos.
    If you know the size your father wears in those and if he does comfortably so, Kyle can give you advise what to buy in their shoes.
    You are doing the right thing mate, your father will love the Rancourts!

5. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

+1, Kyle advised me to download the Rancourt fit guide and I discovered that I needed to size down quite a bit for Rancourt sizing. Kyle was able to guide me through the process.

6. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I posed this question in the "Contact" form on the Rancourt website, and have yet to hear back. Is there any other way to get in touch with Kyle? Like a direct email or phone number? My Dad's birthday is approaching fast so given the 2 week turn around, I need to pull the trigger ASAP.

Phi Psi, Which model do you have and in what way did you have to deviate from your true size?

7. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ Apparently Kyle has been out on a business trip this week. You can call him, there is a number on the site. But I think, in the end, Kyle is going to recommend that you go 9.5D.

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Unlined Venetian suede loafer. I measure an 11C heel to toe. On the Rancourt fit guide, I am just over the 10C measurement lines. I means by a few millimeters. Kyle recommended a 10D. You usually want the loafer to fit a little snug as they will open up a little bit. I wouldn't say that this carries over to the boat shoe. Though most people here seem to go down a half size.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I had a question apparently go missing through the contact for as well. I pm'd you with Kyle's email address. It might be worth sending an email even if he is out of the office, since it may be routed through to someone who can answer your questions. Good luck.

10. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Ball and Buck has Rancourt navy boat shoes in stock. Completely understand you are probably after brown for a reason (to match a boat, no better reason than that). Just thought these look really nice.

[​IMG]

11. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Thanks for the help all.

I emailed Kyle and will hopefully hear back tomorrow, so I can place the order.

I think the navy is attractive, however, its just not his style (or mine). We have plain/classic taste, not that the navy is extravagant or anything. Will post photos when they get here. I plan on trying them on myself before sending them to him, as he and I are the same size and I was considering a pair of camp moccs for myself.

12. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Congratulations in advance

13. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

ball and buck also has a brown cxl, if I remember it right from today's visit. you can give them a call 617.262.1776

14. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Natural CXL belt.

[​IMG]

15. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I brake for natty CXL