RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Just received my first pair of Rancourts.

I was looking for a casual shoe which I could pair with both dark blue pants like jeans and navy chinos as well as with khakis.
    Also I wanted them to be tough enough to run them most month of the year in central european weather.
    Thus I decided for a pair of Ranger Mocs in lined snuff suede with dark brown camp-moc sole, brass eyelets and leather laces.
    Kyle was a great help in answering all my questions.

What can I say?
    They turned out a bit darker in color than what I expected, but are nothing less of a stunner because of it.
    I measured my feet on my own using the Rancourt sizing chart and was afraid they could turn out too small because I was right between sizes and decided for the smaller one - they are not.
    Indeed they are the most comfortable pair of shoes that I have ever owned and fit like a second skin.
    The leather is super soft, no comparison to my Sebago Docksides which I do already own for about a year and which are still giving me blisters from time to time.
    The cut of the Ranger Moc is also a bit pointier in the toebox than what the Docksides are and make them a sleeker shoe which I enjoy a lot.
    From what I understand of it, the quality is very high.
    I have a minor scratch in the suede at the foot opening of the left shoe but honestly I can't even tell if its from production or if I was just too hasty putting them on.
    It slips under the pants anyways and also I will put that much more scratches on those beauties with the hard wear I have planed for them, I count it under the character of a hand made and well worn product.

I will post pictures as soon as I get my hands on a cam of a friend.

Highly recommended, great value for money, BUY!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012

2. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Congrats on your new Rancourts! They sound like real keepers. Do post pics when you have a chance.

I agree with everything you said, especially regarding comfort. I have the beefroll penny loafers, but they are by far the most comfortable shoes I own.

3. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

sounds like a winner. enjoy wearing them and don't forget some pictures.

Rancourt can get you hooked up with their shoes the moment you put your feet in, and that's how I felt.

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Louis XIV: This sounds like a really excellent makeup, classic and also to your specifications. This, to me, is the pleasure of working with Rancourt.

Great to hear you are so pleased with the purchase.

I completely agree about the comfort. I really think that the instant comfort of Rancourts comes from the quality of the hand sewn construction. When you have a skilled craftsman working with the shoes, he or she will know if a stitch or piece of leather isn't sitting properly. I'm sure this is true of other shoes in this class. These are simply the ones I have experience with.

Enjoy wearing your new Ranger Mocs, and I will really look forward to seeing the snuff suede in photos.

5. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

If anybody is looking to sell a pair of the beef roll penny loafers in size 9, brown, #8 or tan, send me a PM.

6. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

seriously debating if i should go with dark olive or dark brown. given that there's a dark olive pair on eBay for only $102 and 3 days left. anyone want to help on which one to take if I am to wear it on casual Friday and weekends.

7. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Olive. Everyone wears dark brown shoes.

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

9. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

I like my olive ranger moc a lot.

10. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

that was very helpful.

I guess dark olive is just as versatile as dark brown, in terms of pairing with navy, khaki, grey chino, jeans.

They do look very similar to each other in dark light but appears different under direct sunlight, am I right?

11. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

Yes, I think they look pretty similar to brown cxl outside of direct sunlight.

12. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Are you getting loafers?

How about some olive suede?

[​IMG]

13. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

ya I am thinking about getting loafers. I want to get something with darker color. i do like the navy orion suede, it looks real nice.

[​IMG]

14. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

The navy suede is sweet!

15. mothball

mothball Senior member

It really is.