RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

I use slip on dress shoes for the most part when traveling, these or a suede version:
    [​IMG]
    Long thread on them here.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

2. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Very cool camp mocs up on the Rancourt FB page. First camp moc I've seen on a leather sole. Great idea.

camp-moc leather sole, loden suede, khaki suede plug. Casco lining

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

3. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Those are aging wonderfully! Very happy to see someone not pampering their shell. I completely understand why you've put so much wear on these in such a short time. My Rancourt beefroll loafers have become my go to shoes. Wearing them far more than anything else right now. So comfortable!

My pleasure. Your kelly green venetians will be stellar. (but that Loden above would have been great as well, ey?). Hoping the sizing works well.

4. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

5. irbe

irbe Senior member

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^^tv2177: That's an interesting one. Looks too striated to be be pebble grain to me, but hard to say. Horween sure does make a lot of different styles of leather.

^irbe: That looks like it could be Chromexcel. You might try a size 8 in these. What size Ranger Moc did you try to try on? Note that Rancourt's website has some sizing information: http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/sizing.

My general impression is that these shoes do run TTS. The lasts are definitely not long, so you might find your big toe up at the front of the shoe. My pair of beefrolls (seen above) put my big toe in the very front of the shoe, but the hand-sewn construction means that this is still a comfortable fit for me.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

7. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

I agree. It's nice to see shell being abused (as odd as that sounds). We love it for it's hearty characteristics...and then baby it.

We can all agree that calf loafers would not look nearly as good with an equal amount of use.

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

Hi Frank,

I tried on the 8 in Ranger Moc from Club Monaco - Hence I was curious if Ran court is sized differently between different companies. I couldn't even get my feet in there. So I'm guessing Ranger Moc and Penny / Beef run the same size?

9. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

that's weird. my ranger moc runs TTS.

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

Scanning through the threads I heard people went UP 0.5their alden barrie size (I'm 7.5 trubalance which usually means i'm 7.5 barrie). The ranger moc I tried on which were size 8 from Club Monaco,

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12554587

was crushing my toes. Hence I'm wondering if I should go with the 8.5 on the Steven Alan x Rancourt

11. FrankCowperwood

You know, I did end up buying two pairs of Rancourts .5 up from my TTS and that gave me not only a bit of room in the toes, but a little more volume as well. My impression is that these are not big lasts. Are there no returns on this sale item? Try the 8.5D, maybe. You'll get more length and more volume overall.

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

you can buy the club monaco ones since they still have 8.5 and 8 if 8.5 fits you nice then return them. it's free shipping and only cost you $5 for using their return label. then you can figure out your size from there. I have to say that there last is definitely not long or big in the ranger moc. i am not sure if they use a different last for their loafer.

i have a good candidate of MTO loafer in my mind and I have emailed Kyle regarding sizing. I can repost my email once I heard back from him and hope that can give you some insight as to what's a good fit.

13. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Just a heads up that steven alan has an additional 30% off all sale items with the code SUMMER30
    which puts those pennies at 140 bucks.

not a huge fan of the christy but thats a pretty good deal

14. FrankCowperwood

Christy sole is definitely a look. I kind of like it, at least in photos. $140 is a very good price for these shoes. You will get a lot for that money.

15. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

if it's dark brown i will probably just jump on it and have Kyle resole it with tempest sole for me.

so i got back from Kyle and he told me stay TTS with the loafer. so I guess I will trust him on this.

The ranger moc I got is 11D and that was half size too big according to the SA at my local AE. I measured a 10.5D on brannock machine with my toe right on the line and maybe a little over so I always wear a 11D so I give myself more room in the toe area. However, the SA told me that I should buy 10.5D and I tried on some of the shoes in 10.5D and they do fit better than the 11D. Anyways, my point is the 11D ranger moc that I got doesn't have that much space in the toe area. I would say it's just about a thumb wide or maybe a tiny bit more than that and that's half size bigger than what I should be wearing.