RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Likewise, I have an Alden tanker boot on the plantation crepe sole (no issues with dirt there). It's been wonderful. I opted for the Rancourt Ivy loafer with honey crepe sole since I had no experience with the RLH. Perhaps that will change in the future. If I may ask, the crepe sole is VERY quiet. How does the RLH compare in this regard?

2. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Macktastic, just for clarification, the RLH soles on your Ranger Mocs are the honey RLH, correct? There is a black and honey version, although I can't remember seeing the black ever used on any MTOs here.

3. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Maybe everyone has already seen this, but the newest update to the boat shoes page provides some great offerings for an MTO.

A couple of "waterproof" suedes from S.B. Foot tannery Red Wing, MN that would be great for a boat or foul weather shoe.

Olive.

[​IMG]

Sage Grey.

[​IMG]

Very bright "Rockford" leather from Horween.

Red.

[​IMG]

Royal Blue.

[​IMG]

A black pebble grain with a red boat shoe sole. Not sure how I would make it up, but like that black! And those soles are pretty cool as well.

[​IMG]

Last, but not least, a couple of burnished leathers.

Brown with a brown boat shoe sole.

[​IMG]

And Dark Brown.

[​IMG]

4. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I believe the RLH sole is about the same as the crepe in terms of quietness, but I can't say I've paid much attention to this so I can't say for sure. I will take note of this in the future.

Yes, I got the honey colored RLH as I wanted some contrast to the navy CXL.

5. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^ Thanks for the clarification. Figured it was honey, but the honey RLH sure is a lot darker than the honey crepe.

These were posted recently on the Rancourt FB page.

Natural CXL and Taupe Suede Beefrolls.

[​IMG]

Natty CXL is of course great, but I am really liking the suede beefroll. Would like to transform the traditional beefroll into a more playful configuration: suede, pebble grain, or maybe chili latigo!

6. jah786

jah786 Senior member

What color RLH is that on teh blue ranger mocs?

7. jah786

jah786 Senior member

should have read the previous posts, the answer was right there. Honey colored! got it. I'm considering my re-sole options for the navy CXL venetians I bought from Brooks Brothers. Still leaning towards white boat sole. come to think of it, I don't remember seeing a venetian with an RLH sole.

8. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Hmm not sure how my Venetians are holding up, but I'm afraid of wearing them out in the rain as I already lost some color on the top of the shoe near the size etched on the top.

9. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Reverse calf/roughout or split suede? Or both? Which models? I almost ordered unlined venetians in suede, but thought they might be too floppy in split suede.
    Another near miss. I ordered the black latex sole, but I switched to leather after thinking the latex woudld be too thick and informal for a loafer that might be worn w/ coat and tie. But the natural latex is really nice. Much more refined and beautiful than the plantation crepe imo.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

10. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

From Rancourt FB page. The boots in the middle appear to be a new model for F/W 12.

[​IMG]

11. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Looks like the Alden conservation boot except in suede and and without the faux cap toe and the laces are different. Otherwise I'd swear it was the same boot!

12. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Agree. It does look very similar to the conservation boot. But, these are also on a crepe sole, and appear to lack the goodyear welt?

Looking forward to some MTOs for these boots. Hmm.......Maybe some black pebble grain with brass eyelets.....

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Interesting observation, I was thinking this is the Goodyear wedge sole.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

14. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

Hows the RLH sole in inclement weather? I know crepe is very slippery in rain or snow...how does RLH compare?

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I took my #8 shell beefroll loafers in to get the combination heel replaced and I think my local cobbler did a really nice job. He dressed the sole edge and polished them (won't even ask what he used... I know we are only supposed to clean cordovan with the rarest of special elements...:)). I was in a hurry and didn't really tell him what I thought of the work. I'll have to go back in to say nice job. He'll probably wonder what the heck I'm talking about. Also, maybe I should use some shoe trees in these after all... the toe on the left one is really curling up. Oh well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]