• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So these showed up today. Custom via @Portland Dry Goods (thanks guys)

Clymer boots, burnished calf and Repello suede, Aspen sole

they ARE yours! When I saw this pic on instagram I was thinking about you!

CR78

Reaction score
What's the lace length on the Ranger Mocs? Has anyone done anything fun lace-wise? I've got a pair of Baxters in natural on the way, and I'm looking for some ideas, as I'm not a huge fan of leather laces...

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace my current boat shoes for this upcoming summer. Looking at Rancourt boat vs ranger moc. I am not a traditionalist on my boat shoes so I would do a custom job to get the camp moc dark brown sole if I went with the boat shoe. Either shoe would be un-lined.

The questions come down to:
1) Is the insole the same between ranger-moc and boat?
2) Is there a comfort/fit difference between the two given no-sock
3) Style-wise if these will be worn without socks and with shorts does the ranger work as well as boat style?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looking to replace my current boat shoes for this upcoming summer.  Looking at Rancourt boat vs ranger moc.  I am not a traditionalist on my boat shoes so I would do a custom job to get the camp moc dark brown sole if I went with the boat shoe.  Either shoe would be un-lined.

The questions come down to:
1)  Is the insole the same between ranger-moc and boat?
2)  Is there a comfort/fit difference between the two given no-sock
3)  Style-wise if these will be worn without socks and with shorts does the ranger work as well as boat style?

1) Yes. It's what I think is called a half sock liner. Perfectly comfortable. I have had it come out in one pair of loafers that have been pretty well abused (worn in the sand etc).

2) No for me.

3) I think both are fine sockless, particularly on a camp moc sole.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace my current boat shoes for this upcoming summer. Looking at Rancourt boat vs ranger moc. I am not a traditionalist on my boat shoes so I would do a custom job to get the camp moc dark brown sole if I went with the boat shoe. Either shoe would be un-lined.

I'm a big fan on the Gilman Camp Moc for summer sockless wear:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is like a hand sewn equivalent of a Galway. Fantastic design FC!

his boots look absolutely amazing but I am not sure I see the connection here. Outside of the use of mixed materials the two types of boots share nothing in common.

A recent MTO for comparison

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the comparison begins and ends at calf on the bottom, other material for the shaft. That's it, and I definitely had the Galway in mind when thinking of this mix.

Someday I'll get something really Galway-esque (not likely from Rancourt, of course), or perhaps even Galways themselves... :)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cool, makes sense. Again, I think they look fantastic and I'm sure you get some very cool fits with them

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frank & Jack - thanks for your input. The camp moc style just isn't for me right now. I'm just debating whether it's worth the $30 extra to get the boat shoe with the sole I want or just get the camp moc. Sounds like everything else is the same - just the styling (4 hole vs 2 hole).

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the comparison begins and ends at calf on the bottom, other material for the shaft. That's it, and I definitely had the Galway in mind when thinking of this mix.

Someday I'll get something really Galway-esque (not likely from Rancourt, of course), or perhaps even Galways themselves...
smile.gif

Actually if you were to want a Galway you could hardly find a better time than now.

With the Pre-Order that Skoaktiebolaget is currently offering at the old prices prior to the price hike, at a 25% deposit for Pre-Order, and at the time when SEK is doing so poorly against the dollar, the time could barely get any better.

mothball

Reaction score

Actually if you were to want a Galway you could hardly find a better time than now.

With the Pre-Order that Skoaktiebolaget is currently offering at the old prices prior to the price hike, at a 25% deposit for Pre-Order, and at the time when SEK is doing so poorly against the dollar, the time could barely get any better.

Hmmm. Thanks for the heads up.

taylorphelps

Reaction score
Does anyone have any in-the-wild pics of the new Essex collection? I looked through the thread gallery but didn't see anything. Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads