1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

where do you live? how come it takes so much time to get it to you?

btw i remember after you posted this that I have seen this when you posted before. I'd really like to see the color on the green orion suede because the navy orion suede is really nice.

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I'm not that far, but there's a "Delivery Exception" tagged to the tracking number. I'm making a conservative estimate.

3. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

What don't you like about the buckle? Of the natural cxl belts I've seen (and the one I own), I think I like this one the best. Thick leather, attractive stitching and a keeper to boot.

4. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

+1

It's similar to the roller I have on my CXL belt. I like it as a casual belt.

5. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

not a big fan of the roller buckle myself, i like more of a rectangular ones. the ones that hollows leather is using is pretty nice to me. but this is just personal tho. this rancourt belt itself is really nice.

6. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Here are some pics of my Rancourt Ranger-mocs as they appeared fresh out of the box. I've been wearing them since March, and they're great, great shoes.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

^ wow looks great with tiny abrasion on your soles.

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

Just got my SA x Beefroll Pennies. Love the construction. When wearing sock less do you guys have a little heel slip? Not sure if this is normal for loafers as this is my first pair. I went with an 8.5 which is fine around the toes, but the heel area is just a little loose with no socks. With socks (Plan to be wearing these in the fall) the shoe is fine. My concern is the shoe might stretch too big as I've heard how easily the chromexel leather can stretch.

Thanks

9. rick2833283

rick2833283 New Member

Hey irbe, how long is your foot exactly (with precision of 1/16 inch)?

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

Tad under 10 inch

11. rick2833283

rick2833283 New Member

Sounds like 8 would be a better fit then, no?

12. irbe

irbe Senior member

I tried on the 8 in the moc and I couldn't get my feet in plus my toes were getting crushed hence I ordered the 8.5 There is ample toe room in the 8.5, just a little loose with the heel slipping. i'm hoping maybe it will lessen when the sole breaks in. But like i said it feels a little snug with socks.

13. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Irbe, it sounds like your loafers fit nearly the same as mine.

Started out with a little heel slip when sockless, and tight with even thin socks. They have definitely stretched out a bit, and the soles (leather in my case) have certainly broken in. Taken together, the stretch of the leather and the breaking in of the soles somewhat cancel each other out.

The following is all in regard to the current fit when sockless (with thin socks, the fit is perfect).

If I lift my foot up off the ground and shake it, the shoe stays secure on my foot with no flopping around. However, when walking, my foot does slide slightly forward on downslopes for example, and I need to make a conscious effort to push my heel back to go up stairs. Thus, heel slip is now negligible, but that is dependent on me consciously positioning my foot in the shoe to avoid it. Perhaps the current fit is not ideal, but I think that it works fine for "loafing". The loafers fit fine for strolling, but I would want a better fit for any more demanding than that. Luckily, just throwing on socks provides the ideal fit. Also, I haven't tried tongue pads yet, but they may provide a more ideal fit.

If I could do it over, I might size down in length or width, but I think that would make the shoe only appropriate for sockless wear and perhaps too tight. But I'm not sure.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  14. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

The only stretch I've had with chromexel leather is side-to-side (space for my little toe, lacing gap). I've never had front-to-back stretching. I'm sure that could vary dramatically with how you wear your shoes, walk, etc.

15. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

My CXL Ranger Mocs have stretched a little in length since I started putting spring-loaded shoe trees in them between wears. Until then, they had only stretched a bit in width from actual wear.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  16. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Go sockless or don't go at all . . .

17. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Same with my Venetians. I don't put shoe trees in them anymore.

18. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

I put a strip of adhesive backed moleskin on the back heel of my ranger mocs to help with slight heel slip. Works pretty well sockless.

19. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Got my beefroll penny loafers from Steven Alan today. I was concerned they were too snug at first but after wearing them around the house and letting them warm up they fit great. I would absolutely need an E-width if they were lined though.

But for what I paid, I feel like I stole them.

20. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

how did you size?