RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

so some people take barrie some people go TTS ... who do i believe???? lol

2. mothball

mothball Senior member

I took TTS and wish I had sized down. They're a little loose after some wear.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  3. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

Kyle initially recommended going TTS at 10.5 but I let him know that my barrie alden lwb had some wiggle room in the toes with socks and I planned on wearing these pennies sockless. I'm a 10.5 TTS and on the wider end of D width. Hope this helps.

4. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

@Uninkco,

Those look awesome. You gambled well. Wish I had gone with the Tempest. The leather soles are indeed slippery, and they are virtually useless on my bike. And glad to hear that the fit is going to work.

Brown CXL = way underrated, especially for a classic loafer.

5. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Sizing advice on the forums very often cancels each other out.

I'd suggest that you at least listen to Kyle at Rancourt, even if you don't follow his advice in the end. It goes without saying that he has more experience with the shoes, and his advice does seem to be on target.

I would just caution that you don't want a shoe that is going to be too small. Of course, in a loafer in particular, you definitely don't want a shoe that is going to be too big! But there are some remedies for that. That said, the CXL is going to stretch, so maybe smaller is better.

Now I've confused myself.

6. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

These are eye-popping.

[​IMG]

3 eyed blucher in cavalier CXL. I really like the 3 eyed blucher (or ranger moc x boat shoe) and the thickness of the crepe sole works well on this design.

Is it just me, or are the honey crepe sole makeups from Rancourt looking really nice?

7. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

That's definitely a nice looking combo there.

8. cking

cking Active Member

You can always using the sizing guide on the Rancourt website. I'm a 11 in Nike's, 10.5D in Barrie, and measured myself as 10.5 using the Rancourt measurement. Of course I have yet to receive my shoes so I can't say with certainty that the shoes will fit.

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Would you pair snuff suede with a honey colored or dark brown camp moc sole?

Leather:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Soles:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ I think the top photo, the honey crepe sole, is hard to beat in terms of looks. But the others look nice as well.

If you're going unlined and plan to wear them sockless, then you might prefer the less substantial look of the camp moc sole.

11. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

I second honey crepe sole, and those snuff suede is by far the best combo that I've seen made by Rancourt.

Can I get some suggestions from some of SFers?

I am going to order my pair of beef roll loafers soon, after so many beautiful pictures that I have seen recently I just can't wait to get a pair for myself.

I am debating between the Cavalier Wheat CXL and the Dark Brown CXL, which one should I go for in terms of versatility? I have never seen a cavalier wheat in real life but from the pictures a few pages back I think it's a pretty solid color to go with jeans/shorts/chinos/trousers, right?

12. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

As the Sebago Docksides I purchased last year keep on breaking my feet, I am looking for a more feet friendly lightweight summer shoe to go sockless in.
    Thus I prefer unlined and camp-moc sole over lined and crepe sole.
    In the meantime I decided to go for the dark brown over the honey colored one, can't wait for Kyle to confirm my order.

tv2177, I think this is the Cavalier Wheat you were talking about, but which dark brown do you mean?
    [​IMG]

Two additional styles by Rancourt which I think are great looking are the Burgundy suedes they did for Urban Daddy as well as the Olive ones that sell through Club Monaco:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12554587

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  13. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

This is the dark brown that I am referring to

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  14. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

for those of you live around Boston. here's a chance to see what are the MTO options that Rancourt has to offer.

[​IMG]