1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

sorry if this has been asked, but are the Rancourt for BB Venetian loafers lined or unlined? Anyone have those? Like 'em, love 'em?

2. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Just got a pair of Essex Ranger Mocs through Taylor Stitch. Great shoe I love the feel of the Essex.

3. Sandwich

Sandwich Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I will answer your question, but in my experience with Rancourt (I own 4 pairs) is that the upper will mold to your feet pretty well, in fact like a sock. However, I've had shoes that felt well on the upper but my foot would would be too wide for the sole. So that is to say they felt great as a 9D but my sole felt better on an Eb- my foot would hang over the edge of shoe in an uncomfortable way. Fortunately, Rancourt, on two occasions agreed to resole my 9D shoe on a 9E sole. This was actually perfect. So in your place, I suggest you try their various fits as part of the their fitting program and don't worry if they feel a little tight (especially CXL ) and focus on how your foot feels on the footbed.

4. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

I have a pair and mine are unlined. They are extremely comfortable but the soles are quite thin. I've had mine for about 3 months and they aren't far out from needing a resole. I wear them on average 3 or 4 times per week.

5. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

How do you get those? I don't see that style under kudu? Nor kudu in the 1967 options. I want a pair but with lugged soles.

6. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

thanks. just found a nice looking pair in the tan shell, I hope they fit.

7. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

Was this question for me? If so, I did a custom order for the 1967 4 eye in kudu by emailing Scott at Rancourt (swhite at rancourtshoes dot com). Few bucks more but you can get whatever you want.

8. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Speaking of Kudu, what do you all use to treat your Kudu prior to wear?

9. fairlynerdy

I didn't put anything on mine --- the nap was super lush and I didn't want to risk flattening it with a spray. I got caught in a flash storm a couple weeks ago and they dried out fine and the nap still looks amazing.

10. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    [​IMG]

So I want to do something fun for fall - how do y'all feel about Olive Bison (pictured left)? I need to make sure people would be interested in a casual shoe if I'm going to get any traction to actually have it made, but I think you guys would appreciate something special like this.

sound off! would love some feedback ASAP - looking to build these out very soon.

1 person likes this.
  11. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

3-eye blucher or camp moc with
    aspen sole might be difficult to pass up!

12. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

I'll take a 4 eye bulcher with montello mini lugs.

13. fairlynerdy

Crazy idea --- how about a PTB? I think Rancourt's is called the Sandford, I think. Brass eyelets, one of the lug reltex soles?

14. Portland Dry Goods

I am loving my kudu camp mocs...

I really like the idea of a ranger mocc - I'm even playing with doing it with a plantation crepe wedge sole, if only because I have a pair of 3 year old rangers with the crepe wedge that have held up better than expected (just about due for a resole, but I'll be wearing them a little further into the season)

mini lug would be good for winter though - we ran a vibram mini lug on our first iteration of the ranger mocc

looked it up - good looking shoe. we're probably only looking to do a handsewn style so it really screams maine on the shelf, but down the road a casual PTB sounds right up my alley.

thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming!

15. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Just bought a pair of Essex ranger mocs from Taylor Stitch, http://taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-accessories/products/natural-essex-ranger-moc, can't say that I'm a big fan of the lactae havea soles, don't think they'll last long. Want a good rain/slush worthy pair.

16. Portland Dry Goods

absolutely - though I will say the reltex ranger might be the best sole ive worn in the snow and ice. aspen? not so much. My challenge is deciding wether these should be an all weather low cut shoe, or if I should let our boots do the heavy lifting and let the low cut style be a bit sleeker, but I really do love the lug soles and I think they look well balanced on the ranger moccs.

17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I think you'll be surprised. Side-by-side I'll bet they outlast Rancourt's leather soles.

18. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

19. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

Have a pair or Ranger soled boots I've worn multiple times a week for a year now, especially in Winter. The soles wear very well indeed so far, and were not bad at all on snow. I've heard the less aggressive tread patterns can be dicey on snow. What they're awful on is wet metal. SLIP!

20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

By the way, should have noted that he olive bison looks really fantastic. Great choice for a makeup.