1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

2. David Midecem

David Midecem Well-Known Member

Yes I absolutely understand it's not a dress belt. However, it seemed like it could be versatile so I was interested. Anyways, I've already placed the order and now waiting for it to arrive! Thank you for your input.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I have the caramel shell belt. It is very nicely made and while a little on the casual side I often wear it with trousers and an odd jacket and tie for work.

4. David Midecem

David Midecem Well-Known Member

Thanks Frank. That sounds like exactly what I was looking for. I will let you guys know my opinion when I get it!

1 person likes this.
  5. nubirth

nubirth Well-Known Member

Anybody had any experience with the Beefroll penny loafers? How is the fit and quality?

[​IMG]

6. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

^^^
    I own the Bass Fenimores, which are made by Rancourt. I think they're the same as the beefrolls that Rancourt sells. However, Rancourt won't admit to that. I ended up going .5 size up from my Brannock. They are nicely snug but I think they are CXL, which should expand nicely. Wore them this past weekend:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Like Coolarrow I have the GH Bass Fenmore and love them, I sized 1/4 down to an 8D (8.25D brannock) and they fit snug sockless and have been breaking in nicely. I will debate on my next pair if I should go to an 8.5D. We'll see how these break in over time. I also much prefer the last shape of the Rancourt beefroll over the clunkier looking Oak Street beefroll. Will be looking into a natural CXL or Essex beefroll from Rancourt for the future.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Hey guys,

we've got a small reorder of Kudu & Dark Olive hitting the online store (and in shop). we temporarily stocked Rancourt out of kudu for these, so if you've been thinking about them for a while and you see your size - jump on it.

Dark Olive CXL Longfellow Loafer

Flint Kudu Longfellow Loafer

Flint Kudu Chandler Camp Mocc

a few sizes are in pre-order limbo right now, so if you don't see your size feel free to pm me or contact us at the shop - 1 or 2 stragglers might hit stock if we don't hear back from some people, but my guess is what we've got is what we'll have for the forseeable future.

in the lab for fall ideas too. AFAIK sneakers - if possible for custom / specialty makeups - won't be till next spring at the very earliest. I'm going to keep it in mind till then and we'll be sure to offer something different than what they do now and their upcoming releases (I read of an essex version of their sneaker in the pipeline, we might try to get stock of those for fun). Thinking on ways to improve on our boot - the sole is perfect, the lining is nice but maybe not necessary.

1 person likes this.
  9. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

Took more pics of my 4 eye kudus last weekend but only just had a chance to upload them now. I tried to get a few more from the sides to show the 1967 pattern, which I really like. I got these to wear casually mostly with shorts, something I could beat up running around with the kids and could have resoled, unlike a sneaker. The 1967 pattern is great for that.

[​IMG]
    Some pics of the cricket sole, as requested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My son wondering WTF his dad is doing.
    [​IMG]
    Some outdoor shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. loxo

loxo Senior member

11. maida

maida Member

I have a pair of camp mocs that I got this spring. Although they fit decently in the forefoot because they've stretched a bit, I can't help but feel like sometimes my heel is falling off either side of the insole. Does anyone know if these can be re-stitched on a wider last? Any suggestions for how this might be fixed? Could probably just shoot cust service an email. Thanks all!

12. PekkaKarhunen

PekkaKarhunen Member

Ok, so, first post on StyleForum, go:

I've been obsessively reading this thread for sizing advice, and decided it wouldn't hurt to ask the experts. I've got my eye on a pair of unlined natural cxl ranger-mocs, and want to get the sizing right. I'm concerned that using the home try-on program won't be of much help, since the questions I have re:fit relate more to how the unlined cxl will stretch over time. I generally wear size 9.0 in dress shoes. The Rancourt sizing chart and a Brannock device have me at 9.0E, but that's mostly because the ball of my foot is fairly wide. Most 9.0E shoes I try on have some heel slippage/bowing. I know you streetwear guys don't necessarily wear a ton of Allen Edmonds, but my best-fitting shoes are an unlined pair of nuemoks in size 9D and a pair of shell Leeds in 9.5D. If any of you out there have a pair of Tretorn sneakers, 9.0D fits well with those too.

Should I go with 9.0D in the unlined ranger-mocs, as technically speaking that's already a "size down" in terms of width? Or should I follow some of the recommendations in this thread and go a half-size down from Brannock, which would be an 8.5E?

FWIW, I tend to like a snug fit on my shoes, and intend on wearing these with socks 90% of the time. If they're going to be "off," I'd rather they be slightly too big to wear without socks (once they've stretched) than slightly too small to wear with socks.

Hopefully all of this makes sense, and thank you in advance for your help.

@FrankCowperwood ... you seem to be the expert so I'm a-callin' you OUT.

13. maida

maida Member

I would go with 8.5 E if I were you or you'll end up with the same issue I mention above, especially if you are wearing socks. My brannock measurement using their size guide is a 8.5 (slight) E, but ended up being too long. I sized down to an 8 and the length is great, but now it's just not quite wide enough in the heel

14. maida

maida Member

Just to clarify my above post, I went with 8D when I probably should have gone E

15. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I would go with the 9.0D. Though I go TTS in all my rancourt's and haven't had an issue.

16. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Oh man, I'm an expert. We're all in some trouble then... :)

Here's what I think: I'd actually try the made-to-fit program and order 9 and 8.5 in that. That will let you both judge the length (my opinion is that you want your toes to be quite close to the end of the shoe, so that you can just rest a pencil in the space between the end of the shoe and the big toe) and also see what a D width feels like in both of those.

You shouldn't have any trouble with unlined CXL stretching to accommodate the ball of your foot, so try to judge from the D width which is size is snug without being uncomfortable.

You'll have the advantage with Ranger Mocs of having laces, so that helps adjust the fit in the end in a way that you can't with loafers.

17. tb43

tb43 Senior member

9D is my guess based on my experiences.

18. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

They are unlined and they've been comfortable right out of the box --- I haven't worn them with socks. The inside of the suede is quite lush, very comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  19. PekkaKarhunen

PekkaKarhunen Member

Thanks for all the input, everybody! Scott from Rancourt got back to me as well... he recommended 9D, citing the sizing flexibility inherent in an unlined CXL shoe with laces. I'm still waffling on 8.5E or 9.0D... generally speaking, I would just buy a pair and exchange them if need be, given Rancourt's generous exchange policy. However, my concern is that any sizing mistake wouldn't show itself until a month or two of regular wear. Fortunately for me, I'm using the time-honored stalling technique of "wait til next paycheck" to hem and haw.

20. hhkb

hhkb Member

I think you made the right decision. I bought a too small pair of the cxl ranger mocs (10.5, and I'm a 11 TTS), and they never stretched much. It was just uncomfortable and I finally gave up on them after a couple months. I think it's better to be slightly looser than tight when you have a laced shoe.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015