1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. But I would assume these could be resoled easily enough. It's a stitch/glue sole so nothing to prevent a re-sole. Kind of want to resole them w/ the hevea crepe when the time comes...

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

They can be re-soled. Rancourt doesn't make welted shoes.

4. chuckb

chuckb Well-Known Member

I was told by Rancourt that they won't resole camp-soled shoes with the reltex lactae hevea soles, just fyi. I think maybe they have done it, but weren't happy with the results. That said, I also have a pair of ranger mocs on the aspen sole, and they're really great.

1 person likes this.
  5. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Pics or it didn't happen [​IMG]

6. Kahuna75

7. Kahuna75

8. tb43

tb43 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This lighting makes them look a bit darker than they really are.

1 person likes this.
  9. bigwhat62

bigwhat62 Well-Known Member

are the court classics shipping yet? I havent gotten an email reply in two weeks from rancourt

10. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Well-Known Member

Hey gents. Just received my kudu 1967 4-eye mocs. 4 weeks from placing order to being on my feet, which was great. Couple quick pics and thoughts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The kudu is really incredible, very thick and lush. I got these unlined and having your feet wrapped top to bottom in kudu feels amazingly soft. Combined with the LH soles, these are the most squishy comfortable shoes I own right out of the box. Also, the cricket version of the LH soles is low profile and pretty great.

I like the 1967 design a lot, it definitely fits what I was looking for --- something that looks more like a traditional casual blucher instead of a ranger moc. I'll definitely look at more MTOs in the design in the future. It's a lot like the Epaulet Olmstead design (which I also like) but you can design your own...and get it in four weeks.

If anyone's interested in more pics I can grab some at some point.

3 people like this.
  11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Very nice! I would definitely like to see more photos. Maybe from the side so we can see how the different design looks in the Kudu and I'd love to see more of the cricket sole too.

Enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  12. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

Same here. Those look great.

13. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

Awhile back I visited the Rancourt store,
    [​IMG]
    and tried on these boots:
    [​IMG]
    which really underwhelm me in photos, but looked and felt AMAZING on my feet. So, I'm selling these to get them:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/505415/...rd-indy-shoe-6-5-c-e-brown-horween-chromexcel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If anyone else is my weird ass size, wants a pair of very rare Aldens, and wants to help make my Boot Dreams come true, you know what to do.

And @fairlynerdy, those Kudu shoes look amazing on you. Unique but low key, like a notably good tweed.

14. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

The pictures in this reddit gallery are the only ones I've seen that look like what I saw in person. They look so chunky and awkward and un-footlike in the Rancourt photos, but in person they're form fitting, with a slightly upswept and playfully full rounded toe that avoids being bulbous, a nicely pronounced heel counter, and the pull loop seems more proportional. Just imagine a cleaner, right angle heel on these: (link to the original gallery: http://imgur.com/a/PL6tw)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course, laced up, those ankles become nice and slim and gorgeously folded.

15. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Well-Known Member

16. MonotovsOpera

MonotovsOpera Well-Known Member

The photo of the heel pad shows Rancourt exclusively for Brooks Brothers.

17. mikej77

mikej77 Well-Known Member

I actually purchased but then returned those during one of the BB sales. They are Rancourt and were great looking boots but I didn't notice how green the welt was until I saw them in person. I just didn't really like the look once I tried them.

18. David Midecem

David Midecem Well-Known Member

19. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

20. David Midecem

David Midecem Well-Known Member

Great. I'm looking at the espresso one. It looks a lot like a casual choice but do you think it can be used with a dressier outfit as well? Also how are the details? It seems to be very well finished in the pics.