1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Feeling "boot-y" for the first time in a while, so I busted out the espresso shell Blakes:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

Those are nice, are they actually darker on the toe cap or is it just the lighting?

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Thanks. There's no burnishing or anything, but there's definitely a contrast between the rolls and the toe (caused mostly by the pull-up). The perforations probably add to the effect too.

My goal with this makeup was something like an Alden cigar shell boot with an antique edge. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

4. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

^I would be pleased as well, they are awesome!

5. DeathandTaxes

DeathandTaxes Well-Known Member

Reading this forum has proved helpful, but I could use your thoughts on the fit of a new pair I acquired.

I was able to snag a pair of 10D Elthams for PRL (that I believe are Rancourts) and they seem to fit very oddly - they have a large outside gap when standing in them:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a pair of 9.5D Sebagos made in Maine campsides (also I believe by Rancourt) that fit perfectly without socks.

Are these Elthams just a bad pair or should I expect all Rancourt beefrolls to fit similarly?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

They use different lasts for different styles. This one might not suit you. I have beefrolls that gap a bit and pinch pennies that don't. You may be able to get Rancourt to make you your preferred style on your preferred last if you can get that figured out.

2 people like this.
  7. DeathandTaxes

DeathandTaxes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply!

1 person likes this.
  8. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

^^^Nice avatar

1 person likes this.
  9. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Should be seeing a restock on Kudu and some Olive in a week or two - factory has been very busy. we're getting a limited reorder so if you guys missed the first round, keep an eye out. meanwhile I'm dreaming about fall. What do you guys want to see this autumn for styles?

10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I think the battery boot is a win, so whatever mindset you were in when you conceived that...

Dark Olive CXL
    Reltex Sole
    Deerskin lining
    Handsewn

These are a few of my favorite things.

11. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

do you have an 8 in this run?

12. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

definately in the kudu, fairly certain we're getting one of our olive loafer as well.

13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Picked up the Natural CXL Ranger Mocs. Pretty stoked to finally have a pair of these.
    [​IMG]

14. tb43

tb43 Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. tb43

tb43 Senior member

Caramel shell came In today!

16. Battlestar

Battlestar Member

Please post actual pics when arrive. I'm also eyeing for this one :)

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

That image is from The Woodlands, where I purchased them. Those are really good pics--IRL they are ever so slightly darker but only just. And I have a pair of Aldens in the same leather, so I knew more or less what to expect--and these will darken quite a bit with time/use.

I'll try to post some pics, but honestly, the Woodlands studio pics are seriously good for conveying the nature of them.

Never have tried a ranger moc...seemed like more work to me to get on than a boat shoe while looking similar. I am assuming the extra laces give a sturdier fit and feel. Do you need to tie these each time or just slide your foot into with them tied like a boat shoe?

19. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

The shoes come up a little higher than a boat shoe, and often have a slightly different sole. The offer a little more coverage and indeed a sturdier fit. As for tying, you can tie/untie them each time, or if you prefer a looser fit, just leave them tied loose enough to slip on and off. Mostly preference there--though when new they are a little stiffer so sliding on and off isn't as easy.