1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Excellent choice. I really mean it! (Camp Moc [√], Natty CXL [√], Apen Sole [√√])

You can definitely expect that to go away.

Straight G Shit!

1 person likes this.
  2. evolved

evolved Senior member

Those camp mocs look great....the stock photos on Racourts site don't do them justice like those pictures do!

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Looking to get a versatile boat shoe/beef roll style shoe that is going to be for strictly casual wear and mostly with shorts. A step up from a traditional disposable boat shoe. They will not be babied at all so the odds of them getting wet and beat up is high.

Looking to do something like this in Caramel and Espresso shell leathers - two tone with the contrast stitching to keep it on the relaxed side. My problem is the massive struggle with the sole..I like all of these below and want to get some opinions from those who might have these soles or if one stands out. I have looked at them so long they all look good one second and crappy the next...lol

beefroll amazonas boat honey sole
    [​IMG]

beefroll monello mini sole-I would assume this could be done with a brown welt also
    [​IMG]
    beefroll reltex sole
    [​IMG]
    beefroll vibram232 natural welt(they also have brown welt that matches the espresso shell)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  4. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

I'd go with the reltex, but the crepe version with the "heel stack." It's comfy and aside from a regular leather sole I think it looks best on loafers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

You could also look at the reltex cricket sole (it's not in the online tool). Low profile, has a heel stack.

6. captainjz16

captainjz16 Well-Known Member

Just got my Venetian Loafers back from re-soling with Lactae Hevea soles, which are by far, the most comfortable soles I've ever walked on. I feel like I'm walking on clouds.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. captainjz16

captainjz16 Well-Known Member

8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@tanbar somehow I missed that offered in colors - thanks for pointing it out - Being that you and @captainjz16 have the sole - which welt do you think will look better - hoping to get a sample in to size correctly this week and then order next week- The Brown welt looks classic but wondering if the natural lends to more of the casual vibe

Brown Welt
    [​IMG]

Natural mid sole
    [​IMG]

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Thanks just saw that online and will consider it also

10. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

I'd probably go natural, it's looks darker in person than on the MTO tool. To give you an idea of how it would look, here is the natural RLH crepe sole with a natural midsole next to caramel shell:

[​IMG]

11. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Made to Fit sample ordered - looking forward to getting these made.

13. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

Yup, unlined. Very comfortable and molds to your foot well, but feels a bit strange compared to other leathers if you go barefoot though. Only issue I've had with the unlined is that I've somehow managed to sweat through from the inside. Guess it's only non-porous from the outside, if that even makes any sense.

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

:happy: yes that makes sense....barefoot it will be and luckily my feet dont sweat much.

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

got the samples in to try on a 12E and 13D both fit equal in opposite directions...lol the 13D with some heel slippage and the 12E snug all the way around. guessing the 12.5 E will be the way to go..but that is not offered on the site. Would probably lean towards the 12E.

thinking about this instead of the beefroll perhaps...same shell leathers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

They look awesome! I wouldn't wanna say you stole my ideas, because you have it with two eyelets where mine is three. I gotta say tho the parisian blue cxl ages so well!

17. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

Hahaha I'm not a fan of three eye boat shoes, just looks off to me. But I'm glad to hear that it ages well. Id love to see how yours have aged!

18. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

my pair I left at the old house. Won't be able to get them until August. I sure will post some pictures.

1 person likes this.
  19. cats33cats

cats33cats Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Rancourt ranger mocs today - the laces are a bit long, can I just use scissors to trim them?

20. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

Yup, that's what I did.