1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

just checked our olive loafers - the rough side is definitely untouched by olive pigment. might vary from color to color, but for these its natural on the underside.

and yeah, the way I see it all things here are hypothetical until they show up in a brown box. don't want to over promise

1 person likes this.
  2. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

I have a pair of Cherry Cavalier mocs which are dyed all the way through, it's essentially like CXL, so if you want a roughout with color other than Natural that might be the way to go.

3. Portland Dry Goods

Good call on cavalier. definately a CXL variant, but also definately dyed throughout. I don't recall the exact difference, but I think cavalier is "less lively" than normal CXL. might make it better for a sneaker

4. MonotovsOpera

MonotovsOpera Well-Known Member

Cavalier is top grain, struck through (dyed all the way through), and exhibits less pull up. There are some minor differences in the tannage that allow for brighter colors

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

[​IMG]

I bought these from Brooks brothers on sale. Not so great cell phone pictures

Thanks to @FrankCowperwood for helping me with sizing. I ended up going with my TTS in my casual shoes and it fits perfect.

1 person likes this.
  6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

@7_rocket :fistbump:

Looking good!

1 person likes this.
  7. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

Rancourt for BB Weltline Penny Loafers after some Saphir Renovateur treatment.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Looking good . . . might try pulling that loafer sock a little lower though [​IMG]

9. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

Haha. Thought I would catch flack for that!

10. Portland Dry Goods

I'm this threads worst nightmare; I always wear socks with my shoes, and not loafer socks either. the camp moccs I picked up are amazing but it's been tricky finding situations to wear them with shorts because i don't have appropriate socks. even today its a pair of beams 5 yarn mix socks with a pair of NBs, just gotta hope people I work with think I'm a well calculated dork instead of just a dork :bigstar:

1 person likes this.
  11. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

Perfect for the NYC humidity today. Enjoying these more and more as the soles break in.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

How long does it take to get rancourt to respond? I sent an email on Sunday asking about a resole. I know they got it cause I got a robo reply. Nothing complicated, just how to go about getting a resole. That's pi@@poor.

13. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I've had Scott "lose" an email from me. I'd say 24 hours during the week is standard.

14. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

15. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Yes, just put the appropriate resole in your cart (meaning the $60 for boat or camp sole, the $85 for any other type of sole, or the $120 for the full refurb). After you check out they will email you a fedex shipping label (maybe not instantly, they might have to send it manually).

16. tb43

tb43 Senior member

anybody have pics of the pinch penny loafer in caramel? Thanks!

trying to decide between the weltline or pinch in caramel shell

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

My vote is for pinch.

1 person likes this.
  18. tb43

tb43 Senior member

Leaning towards pinch for sure, just hoping to see a few pics before I order!

19. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

My Color 8 CXL Beefrolls are in need of a resole soon. I was thinking of switching to the RLH sole but I'm not sure if I should go for the natural crepe, or Ranger Brown. I don't particularly care for the profile of the ranger sole but im curious if the tread pattern makes any difference in terms of grip and comforty.

20. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

I'm curious to hear the answer to this as well.

FYI, I'm looking at RLH soles for an MTO, don't love the look of crepe, and want something lower profile than the Ranger. I came across the cricket sole and think it could be the answer for me. Could be something to check out.