• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Virtually *all* shell belts are made in three pieces, as an individual shell isn't long enough for a full-length belt. However, Horween does *occasionally* get horses that have bridged shells, that is, the two shells on the horse are connected by a small strip of shell. They harvest those for very, very rare full-length belts and sell them directly on horween.bigcartel.com with the going price being $425 per belt, the last time they came up for sale almost a year ago.

I thought most were 2 pieces. I think that's what 1/8th was expecting.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yep, I was expecting two, but like I said, I'm OK with three. I've seen the one-pieces too, but I wasn't going to wait for months and months for the chance to spend that kind of coin on something that might or might not be in a color that I need . . .

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Yep, I was expecting two, but like I said, I'm OK with three.  I've seen the one-pieces too, but I wasn't going to wait for months and months for the chance to spend that kind of coin on something that might or might not be in a color that I need . . . 

At least is wasn't in half of a half of a half...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yep, I was expecting two, but like I said, I'm OK with three.  I've seen the one-pieces too, but I wasn't going to wait for months and months for the chance to spend that kind of coin on something that might or might not be in a color that I need . . . 

Shell belt I have from Rancourt is three pieces. I'm actually impressed with the care taken in the joining. It's really a nice piece of work IMO and more than OK with it. May eventually be in for another.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
rimshot.gif

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the CXL belt today . . . BTW, to anyone who might be interested in ordering one, I can report that they're on the large side. I'm an odd size and I rounded up, but I might have been a little better off rounding down.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just order a pair of beefroll in suede from Club Monaco. Curious if the sude stretches out like the CXL beefroll

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the light beige, i got it from the .CA website, for once the Canadians lucked. Figure it be a nice summer shoe. I have the 8.5 in the CXL and it stretched out like crazy around the back heel, so for these ones I ordered the 8.5 / 8.0.

gstephen70

Reaction score
Well, I've had my Eastland Made In Maine 3-eye Milos for about a week. And to be honest, I like them better than my Tan Bulldog Rancourts. I find the leather to be of better quality and the look of the brown mid-sole really makes the shoe. And the three eyelet design gives the shoe a different look. Now, if I am not mistaken, I believe Rancourt makes the MIM collection for Eastland (at least that's what I read on Reddit when Kyle did a Q&A). I won't be able to have Rancourt resole them, but I am sure I can find someone who will when the time comes.

I would suggest heading over to East Dane to have a look. Oh, and BTW, as I refuse to keep $300 shoes on a shelf in my closet, I've decided to sell the Tan Bulldogs. Their on eBay, but if anyone wants them, I'd let 'em go cheap. They are a 10 1/2D, but would also fit a 10D. I've got pictures up in this thread.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW if anybody needs a proxy for any racnourt at CM.ca website please message me. I won't be charging anything - all i ask in return is you return the favour if I ever need you to proxy me something. I have a US mailbox, so majority of the time I order stuff to the mailbox with my Canadian CC. But sometimes stores won't accept my CC.
Just pay for the item, plus the taxes and shipping to you (not sure how much this will cost).

seasquirrel

Reaction score
My new Ranger mocs arrived yesterday (ordered online June 5). Nothing exotic this time around, just looking forward to some good summer leisure/adventure in these.
So far so good!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads