1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I'm guessing maybe he used his sneaker size. I have been measured as a 10.5 in running shoes and 9.5 in everything else.

2. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I agree. I'm an 8.5 in sneakers and a 7-7.5 in non-Rancourt dress shoes.

3. maida

maida Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am 8.5 in dress shoes and 9 or 9.5 in running sneakers. I called customer service today and spoke with Steve and decided to return for a size 8. He said he would also make accommodations for my high instep, as the area where the lace runs through the tongue was digging into my foot. I hated to return these but I need to get them right!

4. Nik Telford

They can do that?! Shit that's like the one thing that has kept me from buying another pair of camp mocs. Too bad there isn't room in my budget for a camp moc.

5. mddb83

mddb83 Active Member

CXL Beefrolls arrived today. I'm a happy camper. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. loxo

loxo Senior member

Wasting no time, maiden voyage of the Knox boots today:

[​IMG]

This is my first pair of boots on Lactae Hevea soles and I gotta say I don't know why I haven't previously ordered more shoes on them. They are incredibly comfortable. I am already kicking around an idea for a makeup of something similar to these boots in black shell.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    2 people like this.
  7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Yes! Those are nice. :nodding:
    No reason not to get right in these. You probably don't want to walk 10 miles in them on the first day, but they ought to be pretty comfy immediately I'd think. RLH is really the business, isn't it? Rancourt has some really nice options there.

1 person likes this.
  8. maida

maida Member

Yes sir - he said they would split the laces to make them less thick, and also make sure that there is only cushion in the heel of sockliner to drop them a bit. I realllllllyyyy hope it works out, esp considering I'm going down a size.

9. Nik Telford

That's great then, I'll keep that in mind for future. The laces in mine dug into my foot badly enough that I had to unlace them and tie them above the eyelets. No one seems to notice and they are far more comfortable having done it.

10. curieux88

curieux88 Member

[​IMG]

I finally got Baxter Mocs as my first leather shoes. I'm so pumped! Awesome leather and craftsmanship. I don't know if I want to wear them at all, bc I love the smell of them.

Anyhow, I'm not quite sure if they fit me properly. I was told that they should fit snug around the feet so they mold. I got 10.5D, but my heels move around fairly, toes feel little snug, and I got some room in the front.

Any thoughts?

11. FrankCowperwood

OK, so the rule of the game is pick one of the three Casco loafers you showed. My choice would be green then. I think there's a risk in the blue clashing and the orange just doesn't feel right to me. Full admission of bias: I really like green always seem to end up with stuff in that color. :)

Anyway, those Casco loafers look pretty fun, so I'd go for it.

Are these CXL?

If so they will end up stretching some so your toes should be fine. How much room do you have in the front? If you put a pencil down across the shoe at the end of your big toe, where is it?

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  12. curieux88

curieux88 Member

Yeah, brown cxl. I can measure the extra space in the front when I get back home, but the bright spots that you can see the photos are my first toes (or big toes). When I used rancourt's size chart, I was halfway between 10 and 10.5. I could probably go with 10E/D for my next pair of cxl.

13. maida

maida Member

That's exactly where my toes were in the size 8.5 camp mocs that I just decided to exchange. I was also between 8 and 8.5 on their sizing chart. Wish I got it right the first time...

14. curieux88

curieux88 Member

I got mine through mass drop, so I can't exchange. I'll ask for 10d/e to try for my next pair, but I'm not sure if I should hold on to my current shoes.

15. mrfixit

mrfixit Senior member

Pool is open!
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

17. FrankCowperwood

@mrfixit Well that all looks real nice!

@curieux88 I was thinking that a half size down and a width out might be a good idea. Seems like a good use of the made to fit program as you suggest.

Hard to say whether you keep them or not.

If you don't feel as if you'll wear them then sell them for what you can get and roll that into a new pair in a better size when you are ready.

On the other hand, they are casual shoes in a sturdy leather. As long as the fit isn't causing discomfort or making you feel as if the shoes are going to fall off your feet while you walk, then maybe keep them and enjoy them. I have some Rancourts with some heel slip and it's fine. They don't need to fit like ballet slippers (to quote @Joenobody0) to be wearable and look good.

18. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Ah yes, the old toe-pencil sizing indicator trick for handsewn loafers. Pure genius whoever thought of that...

[​IMG]
    It was me!

1 person likes this.
  19. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

How does this trickery work...

20. FrankCowperwood

You, Sir, are that genius.