1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Golden State put up almost 50 point between the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter and the whole 4th. It was pretty wild for sure

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I totally get that but you guys have to a lot to be proud of. This is a good young team and Davis 2-3 years away from being a perennial MVP

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I watched the wrong 5 minutes of that game. Sounds wild indeed.

4. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  5. FrankCowperwood

6. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Unlined. Interested to see how well they keep their shape through another couple seasons.

7. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

AD and Steph are just freaks. As a neutral what a pleasure watching those two.

8. mrfixit

mrfixit Senior member

Navy ranger mocs
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. loxo

loxo Senior member

I wanted to x-post some pics from The Hanger Project thread and my shoe shine sunday endeavours today. I'm a big fan of Rancourt's shell cordovan Blake boots and wear them in all weather. Here are a few photos of some winter damage on them and what they looked like at the end of the day after some product and a workout of steady brushing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. FrankCowperwood

11. loxo

loxo Senior member

Haha I guess I just didn't want to picture-spam. Thanks! Next time they come out looking this good, I'll just empty the whole camera onto the site. [​IMG]
    I have a few more pictures of the cleaning process over on the Hanger Project thread.

12. David Midecem

David Midecem Well-Known Member

Hi guys. So the replacement for my Espresso shell Blake boots has arrived. That is a lot faster than I thought. I didn't think they'd make it back to me before May. My boots were actually held at custom because Rancourt didn't provide an invoice or so. I had to deal with FedEx for a week before I could lay my hands on these. The Canadian struggle is real. So here are a few things I notice:

- The upper leather is good without any defect except for a few loose knots on the stitches. These don't really affect the quality of the boots, but man! I'm one picky SOB so I noticed right away and it's gonna take a while before I forget about em. The leather appears somewhat grainy and dull as well, unlike the last pair I got which were damn shiny out of the box. I guess they didn't pay a lot of attention in cleaning/brushing/finishing the boots.
    - They put some lining on the back of the tongue and the sides as well. I don't really get why the tongue is lined, too. Not a big deal but it's not as comfortable as before without the tongue lining.
    - The most noticeable issue is the balance of the soles. The soles on these are not as flat and uniform as the ones before. They are slightly off-balanced when I walk or sit. I believe the soles are a bit curled up. The right boot is worse than the left. When I put these on top of a flat surface and shake just slightly, the right boot will move. I guess I'll see how it goes down after some uses. Worst case scenario, I'll wear the hell out of them and have them resoled.
    - My shoebox is wrecked when I got it. All the sides burst. I'm a little disappointed cause I like collecting boxes, especially for these custom make-ups.

Overall, I'm glad the big issue which was the upper tearing is resolved. However, my experience with Rancourt is not as smooth as many here. Customer service is spot on but being patient for 5 months makes me a bit tired. I will come back later for another pair of ranger mocs cause it looks awesome. If things were bumpy again, I'd probably give up on the company :(.

Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

do the shell cordovan penny loafers stretch as much as the natty chromexcel ones? i sized down for natty for stretch but i assume i should stick to my TTS dress shoe size for shell pennies?

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

On the whole, shell will not stretch as much as CXL. I would not size down to account for stretch.

1 person likes this.
  15. FrankCowperwood

What he said, yes. Unlined shell does have a little bit of stretch to it, but CXL is pretty extraordinary in how much it will stretch.

Go TTS.

1 person likes this.
  16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

In desperate need of a resole, but oh so comfy

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

Get them resoled with lactae hevea, even more comfy that way

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

much appreciated gents

did others size down a whole size from their dress shoe size for natty beef rolls or just a half size down to account for stretch?

19. FrankCowperwood

Glad to see you have them back. It's unfortunate that they aren't perfect for you. Whether they are a serious investment like these shell boots or just a pair of CXL mocs, you have every right to expect them to be delivered well made and to your specs. Hopefully the sole issue evens out with some wear and more importantly doesn't cause any discomfort. I bet the first time you clean these up the luster will come into the shell. It's a beautiful pair of boots. Put 'em on your feet and enjoy them! :)

20. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

I've noticed this on a couple of mine with the mini-lug sole. It should improve with wear.