RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I received my ranger mocs yesterday from Rancourt and am really impressed with them. I got mine in the brown chromexcel and the leather is very soft and supple which is really nice. These should have a much shorter break in period than I was expecting which is good. It will be interesting to see how quickly the color begins to fade on these.

I think I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on their cordovan beefroll loafers. They could be a nice, slightly less expensive, alternative to Alden's models.

2. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Did you end up getting the shell beefrolls?

I'm considering a pair myself.
    the navy and green ones look amazing!

does anyone have these and can they post pics?

3. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

the more i look at those ranger mocs the more i love it. there's also an olive version of it on ClubMonaco.com

4. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Really want one of these babies. I was looking for a brown moccasin type shoe and I'm also kind of sold on the Ranger Moc.

5. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Anyone know how to size?

6. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

7. Michigan Planner

I did indeed get the navy beefrolls. They arrived last Thursday and I am wearing them for the first time out of the house today as a matter of fact. They are super comfortable off the bat - even more so than the ranger mocs; these seem to have a bit more padding in the interior. The navy color is much more noticeably blue than how they appear in the pictures on Rancourt's website, but that doesn't bother me. The contrast stitching also has sort of a greenish-blue hue to it, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. These are actually the first pair of loafers I've owned in a looooooooong time but really like them quite a bit and will probably be wearing them quite often this spring and summer. I will try to take some pictures out in the sunlight this afternoon.

8. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

How is the fit compared to Alden lasts? I'm looking to get my son a pair of loafers. Thanks.

9. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

How did you size the beefroll penny loafers? It seems that the Rancourt website suggests half a size down from Brannock measurement. I just took a chance on a pair of Rancourt beefroll penny loafers for Brooks Brothers at half a size down (they didn't have my Brannock size). I'm hoping that it works out.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  10. Michigan Planner

I did TTS on both the penny loafers and the ranger mocs and both worked for me. I contacted Rancourt to ask about sizing and told them I am generally a 7.5E on Alden's Barrie last and an 8E on Allen Edmonds 5-65 last (Strand, Park Avenue...). Kyle from Rancourt promptly replied and recommended that I order their shoes in an 8E. I followed his advice and am 100% satisfied with the results.

11. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Amazing!

really looking forward to seeing some "real life" photos.
    you mentioned they feel as if they have more padding, do you mean in the footbed?
    are they lined?
    about how long did it take from ordering to get them delivered?

(sorry for all the Q's)

thanks!

12. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just be prepared to eat the shipping cost if the shoes don't work out.

13. Michigan Planner

The shoes are unlined along the sides of the interior but there definitely seems to be a bit more padding on the footbed of the loafers than of the mocs... but now I need to check the mocs when I get home to see if it's true or if I am just imagining things.

I placed the order for the loafers on March 22nd. On March 23rd I received an email from Kyle saying they would take closer to 3 weeks to construct than 2 weeks (and I also ordered a Color #8 belt from Rancourt in the same purchase). The shoes were delivered Thursday of last week so it actually took exactly two weeks.

It was sunny all morning long but as soon as I go out for lunch, the sun seemed to disappear. Anyway, here's one photo I snapped in the cloudy weather...

[​IMG]

14. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

thanks very much for the info, they look awesome!

15. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Thanks for the info. If my son can fit my Alden LHS on the Van last in 8.5D then should I go with the same size in Rancourt?