• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Customs have arrived! Longer write-ups to come but I thought I'd get some quick snaps up in the meantime . . .

Blake wingtip in golf green CXL:

Blake wingtip in red plum casual CXL:

Blake boot in navy shell:

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ Those boots!!!

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Those boots!!!

Wow! Everything looks great but those boots are absolutely stunning.
drool.gif

I know . . . I damn near got wood when I opened the box!

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Customs have arrived! Longer write-ups to come but I thought I'd get some quick snaps up in the meantime . . .

Blake boot in navy shell:

The boots look great.
When you get some time, do a profile shot on the toebox. I would like to see how they look. Also, is the toe fully structured or softer?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DAMN! I have been preaching about a navy shell Blake boot forever. Those are sick!! Really, really nice

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

DAMN! I have been preaching about a navy shell Blake boot forever. Those are sick!! Really, really nice

Too bad you are anti-shell now.... :rotflmao:

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too bad you are anti-shell now....
rotflmao.gif

I held off on this in lieu of the Viberg navy shell. This however really does look great.
What is the fit like on the Blake boots? Anyone... Bueller....

TH3515

Reaction score

Customs have arrived! Longer write-ups to come but I thought I'd get some quick snaps up in the meantime . . . Blake wingtip in golf green CXL: Blake wingtip in red plum casual CXL: Blake boot in navy shell:
Wow! Incredible, all three. What size are they?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, half
fing02[1].gif
Looking forward to the writeup.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now, the full write-up of the three customs.

Order Date: 3/12/14
Requested Ship Date: 4/3/14
Actual Ship Date: 4/8/14
FedEx Ground Delivery from Lewiston to New Orleans: 3 days

The golf green CXL Blake wingtips:

Tan Lining
Shiny Brass Eyelets
Mocha Waxed Laces
Tempest Sole & Heel
Natural Edge Stain
9.5D (same as Alden Barrie last size)
$405

I was a little worried when I first opened the box . . . very green. I wanted this shoe as a counterpart of sorts to my Alden for J. Crew navy CXL PTB:

Happily, the color has really grown on me since this morning, and it fits very nicely into my “green” family:

top row, l to r – Eastland Made in Maine (by Rancourt) Monroe in loden green CXL, Rancourt Blake wingtip in golf green CXL, Carmina SWB in green shell

bottom row, l to r – AE Neumok, J. Crew Kenton buck, BB nubuck

A few more pics:

Next up is the red plum casual CXL Blake wingtip:

Tan Lining
Blind Eyelets
Brown Waxed Laces
Leather Outsole & Heel
Black Edge Stain
9.5D
$405

As far as I am aware, “red plum casual” is not an option that shows up anywhere on the customizer, but Katie volunteered that they had it and thought it would look great in this makeup, and I have to agree. I wanted this shoe as a counterpart to my AE for BB MacNeils in chili grain:

The sole appears to be oil-infused, which was unexpected and a welcome touch:

And now, the piece de resistance - the navy shell Blake boot:

7 Eye Blake Boot w/Perfed Cap Toe
Unlined
Antique Brass Eyelets
Top 2 Speed Hooks
Chestnut Laces
Montello Minilug
Brown Edge Stain
10D
$650

These specs were designed to mimic my two Eastland Made in Maine Monroes (both Blake boots made by Rancourt):

l to r: russet CXL, navy shell, loden green CXL

The only difference I can see between them is that the Eastlands have longer pull straps.

God-DAMN these boots are nice - they will get heavy use and a lot of love:

@bkotsko , you asked whether the toe on this boot is “fully structured.” I’m not sure I know what that means, but I can tell you it has considerably more give than the toe of, say, my Alden black shell Tankers. The fact that they are unlined may contribute to that also. (BTW, it won’t photograph, but there is indeed a partial Horween logo on the inside of one of the boots - just what I was hoping for when I went with unlined.)

In case this doesn't come through in the photos, the fit and finish on all three pairs is superb. Very happy customer here!

Last edited:

rutabaga

Reaction score
Very nice shoes and boots! Do not use the pull loops on that shell boot, though. Seen too many ripped shell pull loops around here. It's not meant to take that type of force.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads