• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

tanbarn

Reaction score
Nice first post!
Thanks. I figured I've lurked long enough and might as well start contributing too, since I have read through pretty much the entire thread trying to figure out what I wanted for my first order.

tampatravel

Reaction score
St Patty's Day Jack Spade by Rancourt

Vicious49

Reaction score
I can't decide which one of these 2 to keep. My plan is to use these for a more casual purpose. Which one would you go with?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are the specs on the venetians? Not from the MTO section I take it since you mention deciding which to keep.

Beefroll is nice and definitely a great casual shoe.

Vicious49

Reaction score

What are the specs on the venetians? Not from the MTO section I take it since you mention deciding which to keep.

Beefroll is nice and definitely a great casual shoe.

Got them both on sale from ClubMonaco. There's not much listed on there spec wise.

Agreed, but that red is striking.  Is it the lollipop red CXL by any chance?  Or the red plum casual?

It just says burgundy leather on the site.

anrobit

Reaction score
What was the price? If full retail, keep the beefrolls. If on sale, and a good price, keep both. Made in Maine handsewns are like potato chips. You can't just have one. Or just two. Or just a half dozen.
You're not kidding when you say you're obsessed

Vicious49

Reaction score

What was the price? If full retail, keep the beefrolls. If on sale, and a good price, keep both. Made in Maine handsewns are like potato chips. You can't just have one. Or just two. Or just a half dozen.

The beef rolls were $192 and the venetians were $157. I'm definitely not keeping both. I'm not a big loafer person so this would be my first pair. Have to see how I like loafers first. They feel a bit tight in the vamp but I'm guessing they will stretch out a bit over time correct?

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're not kidding when you say you're obsessed

At this point, I only pick up new ones if they are around $100 (a price point that pops up surprisingly often). I live near the water, and at an office that lets me wear boat shoes and loafers, sans socks, with shorts in the summer. So I get a lot of wear out of them, exclusively.

anrobit

Reaction score
At this point, I only pick up new ones if they are around $100 (a price point that pops up surprisingly often). I live near the water, and at an office that lets me wear boat shoes and loafers, sans socks, with shorts in the summer. So I get a lot of wear out of them, exclusively.
I am at the same point you are (although I certainly own less of them than you), unless I am looking for a specific makeup.

Moccasins all summer, boots all winter.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Beefrolls all day, Vicious.

How did you get them for that price?

Last edited:

Vicious49

Reaction score

Beefrolls all day, Vicious.

How did you get them for that price?

ClubMonaco was having a 30% off sale. I'm leaning towards sending them both back as I just don't seem to feel comfortable in a loafer. I've tried about 5-10 different types now between AE, Quoddy, Alden, etc. and haven't felt right in any of the them. I might just have to go with camp mocs as a slip on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads