1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Yes. definitely still happy with the 11.5B sizing on the loafers. Need to post more photos, as well as some of my beef rolls, which I've cleaned up a little.

As far as Alden Barrie, I don't think I've pinpointed my size yet. I wear 11D Barrie mostly (PTB, a chukka, two different LWBs, all shell). It works, though I think I probably have more length than I need. But 10.5D is tight in the width (WT boots, unlined PTB, both shell as well). My guess is that I'm 10.5E in the Barrie, but as these things go, I haven't had the chance to try that yet. I hope to soon.

I tried on some Aberdeen 11Ds just last week and they felt tight. Not sure about the length in those, though they were plenty long enough for the minute I had them on.

I believe I measure as an 11 on the wide end of D.

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

Got my beefroll loafers back from repair. Guess I can't say "repair" as they made me a new pair because the one could not be fixed.
    Who wants a left shoe?

3. FrankCowperwood

I bet there are quite a few people out there who would like that shoe very much: http://www.amputee-coalition.org/fact_sheets/oddshoe.html

4. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

Order placed. Brown Chromexcel Beefroll with tempest sole. Will post pics when I get them. Thanks for the assist gentlemen.

5. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Do you know what your Brannock size is? I'm a 9.5B and trying to figure out what would be best for me in the Ranger Moc CXL.

6. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I've never seen how cleanly they put together a shell belt. Do you mind snapping a picture where they join the two sections of shell?

7. FrankCowperwood

I believe I am an 11 Brannock and just on the outer edge of D width. Pretty much every shoe I wore as an adult before getting into Aldens has been 11D. This is things like most sneakers and LL Bean camp mocs, etc.

Sure, here you go:

First photo shows the joint (the darker area at a center) on one side from above.
    [​IMG]

Second photo shows both joints from above.
    [​IMG]

The back of the belt. The lighting and flash make the bump on the right more pronounced than it is in real life.
    [​IMG]

Unless you simple don't care for the way the back looks, I'd say the construction is really top notch. The thickness of the belt hardly varies and you can see how carefully they have shaved down the leather at the two joints to create an even transition. I don't think the photos really do the workmanship justice, except to show that it's really hard to see. The shell is immaculate (until I wear it a few times, of course), as is the stitching. A fine piece of work.

8. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

am I the only one that did not get a shoe bag with the shoes?

two weeks traveling with my ranger moc, shoe more comfortable than I think it would be.

I took it to a little hike and it is still comfortable even with the tempest sole.

I can only say, amazing shoes.

I am definitely getting a loafer from Rancourt in the near future.

9. FrankCowperwood

Thanks for the update on the mocs and the tempest soles. They seem like a really good option.

I haven't received shoe bags with any of my orders. I don't think Rancourt does this.

10. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

After a couple of days of wear, I have to say that the RLH sole makes for the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. It's otherworldly.

11. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Very happy to hear that. I'll have to give them a try at some point. If you have experience with other crepe soles, would you say the RLH is just a bit stiffer and more solid. How is it for bringing home the dirt and other debris?

12. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

It feels a bit stiffer in terms of how it flexes when I walk but it's much more cushioning overall. It's springy but not squishy. Just awesome.

13. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

[​IMG]
    Color #8 + natural cxl

14. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ Well done! Excellent Shot! Very nice all around. Color 8 looks great on the black christy.

That bag looks awesome. Can you tell us more about the bag, and your jeans, please?

15. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

^^
    Thanks! The bags is made by Scott Willis ([email protected], dontmournorganize.com).
    Specs: color #8 and natural cxl body with horsehide straps, all horween.
    Jeans: MF lot 54, old stuff.