1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. chiggyv

chiggyv Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if some more experienced Rancourt customers can help me with sizing:

I was able to get a pair of the Ranger Mocs from the CM sale. Used the sizing guide and settled on ordering a 12 and 13. The 12 is slightly on the narrow side when barefoot, and I can definitely feel my foot being squeezed when wearing with socks. However the length on these is fine.

Barefoot, my foot just barely fills the width of the 13, but they do feel slightly long (I have a thumbs width between my toe and the end of the shoe). However, there is minimal heel slip. With socks the 13 is perfect.

I'm leaning towards the 13 but I guess my concern is if the 12 will stretch to fit better or the 13 will stretch to be too big.

I also got the suede chukkas in brown (size 12 is perfect in these). I've seen some posts saying that the toe is bulbous, but in my larger size it really is proportional and unnoticeable. I can post pics of the chukkas and a comparison between brown and olive cxl mocs if anyone is interested.

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

What material are the ranger mocs? If they are CXL, they will stretch to fit, and I'd stay with the smaller size (12)

If it is not CXL, and you plan on wearing them with socks, then I would go with the 13s.

Is there no 12.5?

1 person likes this.
  3. chiggyv

They are CXL, a leather with which I have little experience. I'll wear the 12 around the house and see how they work out.

Unfortunately 12.5 is rare size across all shoe manufacturers, if anyone knows the reason I'd love to hear why.

4. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

The CXL will stretch A LOT.

5. chiggyv

That's great news. Thanks for the help.

6. Calad

Calad Member

Can anyone compare the Clymer 2.0s to the regular Ranger Mocs? I'd love to see a side by side comparison of the two, I'm not sure if id need/want the workboot sole on the Clymer two. Also what are some other noticeable differences of the two?

1 person likes this.
  7. sammy

sammy Well-Known Member

Guys,
    I'm debating between the brown CXL beef rolls or a a pair in caramel shell. What say ye? Which is more versatile and easier to pair with jeans, khakis, etc. What other color/material would you all recommend? Pics of your beef roll pennys would be great! Thanks!

8. chickenfark

chickenfark Well-Known Member

Got my PDG Loafers the other day. Great shoes. A shot from them yesterday.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I recently ordered a pair of Clymer 2.0 navy suede shoes but didn't care for the workboot style sole on the standard one either so I went with the Reltex honey sole. They are scheduled to ship today. Once they do ship and arrive, I'll try and compare them to my Ranger Mocs.

10. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Well-Known Member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/clymer-2-0.html

the clymer is vented on the inside of the sole, which normally isnt the case with a basic ranger. otherwise you're looking at something kind of like our Ranger mocc - a slight functional twist on the original.

@chickenfark ; looking sharp :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  11. southbound35

southbound35 Well-Known Member

Just an FYI:

The Club Monaco 40% off of sale items is back on through Monday. There are a few Rancourt and Mark McNairy styles in the men's sale section.

12. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

Anyone have a Brooks Bros code for the waxed canvas boat shoes? They look great.

13. perplexy

perplexy New Member

14. intensanity

intensanity Well-Known Member

Some Labor Day fun:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. kellte2

kellte2 Member

[​IMG]

Received my first pair of Rancourts today. Unfortunately, I'm running into an issue with the sole on the penny loafers. It appears as though something went awry with the mold for the sole. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I've contacted Rancourt, but while I wait, I figured that I'd see if anyone here had any suggestions and/or experiences.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  16. cathpah

cathpah Well-Known Member

Are those camp soles? If so, I think I'd just ignore it and beat them up.

2 people like this.
  17. kellte2

kellte2 Member

Indeed. That's honestly not a bad suggestion, especially with how I wear my soles. Can't wait to wear them this weekend. Per Rancourt: apparently, the excess rubber can be removed with a fingernail. Will attempt that fix this evening.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  18. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Let's see the whole shoe! :)

And I think the best course is to wear them and enjoy them.

19. kellte2

kellte2 Member

That was the plan until I noticed another issue. I've been in contact with Kyle Rancourt, who has been nothing but helpful and pleasant, but perhaps some here with more experience with this brand could provide some advice. I've noticed that on one shoe that the leather has cracked where it is rolled over just above the heel. The shoes haven't been worn. Attached is a picture of the issue.

While I don't necessarily want to wait another 4 weeks for a new shoe, I feel like this sort of cracking on any sort of leather is abnormal. I've had a variety of Allen Edmonds shoes and other leather goods in the past, and never have I experienced this type of cracking without any use. Of course, Kyle has offered to exchange the shoes, but any input here would be appreciated before I begin another 4 week wait.

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

20. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

So I ordered some beefrolls from Brooks Bros. back in May. It was a clearance deal. I never got any update on shipping after a few weeks. So I emailed them, and got some canned response, "We'll look into it..." My credit card didn't get charged. Well today I got an email from BB saying my shoes will ship on 9/25. I'm excited! Kudos to BB if they actually follow through and honor the clearance price (big IF). I always thought that all clearance merchandise at BB was "in hand" at BB. Maybe they had Rancourt make the shoes. I'll report back.