1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

What size are you?

2. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

This is kind of how I felt as well and decided to pass on them.

3. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I should have said I returned both Amok and Mojave as well. And yes, MacAllisters were $32. Got them at my local jcrew on sale at 50% off plus 15% extra with my teachers discount.

4. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Not sure whether you are asking me or Jackboot, but fwiw, I am 10D in these.

5. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Pretty content overall - $340 shipped for whiskey shell venetians from Leffot. Very comfortable and TTS worked well. Please excuse pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

nice score for sure

7. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

when do you replace the dovetail? i've worn my beefrolls for about 20 days now and it's about halfway through the rubber already!

8. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^@rydenfan - Thanks. I do like the color - seems almost more "natural" than "whiskey". There are some minor construction nits apparent only on close inspection, and the right shoe came with a few creases, but these things aren't too disconcerting and they will be forgotten as the shoes age (which I think they will do very nicely).

9. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Great shoes and nice socks that match the whiskey shell color very well. Where do those come from?

10. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Thank you. I think they are Ralph Lauren but from a few years back.

11. rutabaga

rutabaga Senior member

Thank you for the info. I'm in the area and it's good to have a recommendation.

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Blake boots I have the toe shape had stated consistent. I don't think it is going to flatten out. It is definitely a bit if a work boot profile. I like mine but would probably go with a handsewn boot or chukka from Rancourt next time around.

For something casual and short friendly that's what I'd suggest too; handsewn chukka. With a crepe or Amazona rubber sole I think. But maybe leather too.

1 person likes this.
  13. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Never handled their Blake boots or Chukkas in real life, but that toe has always struck me as being too high for my liking. Kept away from a purchase, to be honest, which my wallet is happy about. Much prefer the lower profile toe of their handsewns.

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I wish the toe on my blake boots was higher. Maybe mine is just atypically low.

15. justuhgeek

justuhgeek Senior member

Thinking about putting an order in for an espresso cordovan camp moc.
    Can anyone share a pic of broken in espresso cordovan?
    Couldn't find many through search. Thanks!

16. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^Its dirty in those pics, and would wipe clean^
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I got my navy shell Leffot x Rancourt loafers today. Very cool, and a nice touch with navy shell sock liners too (I always really like the idea of the sock liner being shell). They fit perfectly in a size 10. The machine stitching along the inside edge of one of the shoes isn't very pretty, they kind of messed it up. If these were bought full price I'd return them for a refund, but at half off, I'll live with it. Those threads get fucked up anyway pretty quickly from general wear. Glad I got these, good impulse buy for sure. Decided I want to return them. It's pretty messed up and there are a lot of double punched holes. My experience is that double punched holes, especially near the edge (which they are because they run crooked) tend to tear eventually, or I spend all of my time worrying that they will tear.

18. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Very striking makeup. Are those custom?

19. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

I just received my whiskey shell venetians this evenint......just slipped them on and they appear to be the right size (went TTS) but not the best overall fit for my foot shape......if anyone is interested in an 11.5d please send a PM......they were $340 shipped and I would be willing to pass them along for the same.

20. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Thank you! Yes they are.