RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

@MattBernier I'm very inclined to do this. Have to agree with @Bakes11771 that yours will be one of the best makeups we see. When are you expecting them?

2. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

@FrankCowperwood Well, I wonder, because I placed my order on the 20th of December, however that night I shot Katie a Thank you email which also had a question, and that didn't get answered, I assume because they do give Christmas vacation to employees, and I re-sent it yesterday just to make sure it didn't just get buried, and of course now today is Saturday so she's probably off. So I'm not sure how long the factory was closed for break, you see, and therefore don't know how much to add to the usual three weeks.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Matt,
    Did you post the details of the makeup? I can't seem to find it. Looking forward to seeing them

4. MattBernier

5. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Matt,

Sorry I couldn't be in shop when you dropped by!

I processed the details that Michael took down for your order before the new year. It's possible rancourt are out on vacation till early january (a couple of our other factories do that post-holiday). either way I'd expect them towards the end of the month ;)

and yeah the makeup sounds awesome. Olive CXL might end up being our "signature leather". I love the reltext loafer and I have a feeling this tall boot is also going to be coveted.

D.O.

6. MattBernier

@Portland Dry Goods Hi Dustin! I know, I'm glad you had the day off, but was a little disappointed not to be able to hand you the cash and be like "See! I'm not just stalking your store! I will actually buy things here!" A purchase like this is something I can afford once every few years, and in this case it was actually Christmas money that did it. I've been very grateful that you've talked to me and educated me about products, and never made me feel hassled or unwanted as I pawed things over and tried to make up my mind.

By the way, you could probably answer my questions too: Michael said they could maybe do an eight eyelet, but Katie had seemed clear that seven was tops. I'm fine with either, but do you know what's up with that? Cause taller would be best. I also wondered if I'd remembered to say the first four eyelets should be regular and the rest hooks. I'm sure I did, but you know that paranoid "did I lock the house?" feeling once gets at times.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

My understanding was Rancourt cannot do speed hooks, has that now changed?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  8. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

I always trusted you :slayer:

my notes say top 3 eyelets to be speed hooks, so we're good there. I can ask Katie about higher - not sure where Michael got the 8 eyelet figure from but it couldn't hurt us to double check.

9. MattBernier

@Rydenfan: I learned from my factory tour, they have a lot more at the factory than they list, partly because some of it's odd leftovers from special makeups. Katie said it never hurts to ask, so I asked for hooks and we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone requested hooks for some job, and they have some lying around.

@Portland Dry Goods: I'd never SEEN an eight eyelet from them, so I'd be surprised, but again, why not ask, says I

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

@MattBernier , good luck! It was Katie who told me that they could not do speed hooks but I know it was something they were considering adding. Hopefully they have...

11. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

so who is up for a ranger moc with only the first pair eyelets, the rest speed hooks!
    [​IMG]

12. bwswanson

bwswanson New Member

@MattBernier, What is the sole? Thanks....Nice looking boots.

13. MattBernier

14. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Matt, I like your thoughts on the MTO. Given that you want to use the RLH sole in its natiral environment, I wouldn't have any reservations about durability.

In an urban environment, I'm not so sure.

15. MattBernier

@GooseG: You ain't just whistlin' Dixie. What a full year of spending every single day on my feet working and walking miles with a heavy pack and tools did to the soles, would happen from just going about your daily business in NYC in the same amount of time. New York was harder on soles than any mountain.