• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Just received an email from Rancourt stating that my Cordovan Beefroll Penny Loafers had shipped. Not bad since the ship date was actually supposed to take place on the 3rd. Besides I actually thought I might be receiving an email instead stating there might be a delay considering the holidays.

Nice, ddd. What color did you get?

Unrelated; I found my $50 Rancourt gift card I got with the 'made to measure' program while cleaning the other day. It expires in March so I guess I am buying some loafers for the spring/summer!

tampatravel

Reaction score

Unrelated; I found my $50 Rancourt gift card I got with the 'made to measure' program while cleaning the other day. It expires in March so I guess I am buying some loafers for the spring/summer!

Maybe you could order the 7.5 in your house some sweet MTM beefrolls for sping/summer :) (she didn't put me up to this)

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered the Caramel Shells. I had been thinking about getting these ever since the first day I saw them almost a year ago.

I look forward to seeing which ones you choose.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Maybe you could order the 7.5 in your house some sweet MTM beefrolls for sping/summer :) (she didn't put me up to this)

She already made that suggestion...trust me! LOL

I ordered the Caramel Shells. I had been thinking about getting these since the first day I saw them almost a year ago.

I look forward to seeing which ones you choose.

Those are the Rancourts I dream about as well. I think I may go CXL though. I am thimking brown as I always found myself wanting a brown shoe to wear last year.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She already made that suggestion...trust me! LOL
Those are the Rancourts I dream about as well. I think I may go CXL though. I am thimking brown as I always found myself wanting a brown shoe to wear last year.

I thought about getting the CXL as well, and I don't think you can make a mistake either way you go. However for me I knew I would always want a pair in shell so I decided it best to go this route first. I went with a pair of Ranger Mocs in CXL for my first pair of Rancourts and then I eventually got a pair in #8 Shell that I wanted in the first place.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I thought about getting the CXL as well, and I don't think you can make a mistake either way you go. However for me I knew I would always want a pair in shell so I decided it best to go this route first. I went with a pair of Ranger Mocs in CXL for my first pair of Rancourts and then I eventually got a pair in #8 Shell that I wanted in the first place.

Ohhhh...I forgot about Ranger Mocs. I want those, too! Actually I think I may get them instead.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh...I forgot about Ranger Mocs. I want those, too! Actually I think I may get them instead.

Personally I'm not much of a Loafer person so these will be only my second pair of loafers. My first pair were more of a casual dress pair from Ferragamo.

If you decide to go with the Ranger Mocs I think you'll be rather pleased. They are a really mice pair of shoes and very versatile. I just ordered another CXL pair yesterday but this time from Oakstreet Bootmakers. I really like Rancourts but I thought I would check OS out this time. I've done this with all of my shoes. Although I find Crockett and Jones shoes to be nice, that doesn't mean I don't have shoes from Alfred Sargent, Vass, G&G, Edward Green, and John Lobb as well.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Personally I'm not much of a Loafer person so these will be only my second pair of loafers. My first pair were more of a casual dress pair from Ferragamo.

If you decide to go with the Ranger Mocs I think you'll be rather pleased. They are a really mice pair of shoes and very versatile. I just ordered another CXL  pair yesterday but this time from Oakstreet Bootmakers. I really like Rancourts but I thought I would check OS out this time. I've done this with all of my shoes. Although I find Crockett and Jones shoes to be nice, that doesn't mean I don't have shoes from Alfred Sargent, Vass, G&G, Edward Green, and John Lobb as well.

I have one pair of Rancourt loafers in Olive CXL. I really like them and although I ordered the wrong size the first time around I wore them more than I thought (considering the color). I really would prefer something I could lace up as my high instep makes fitting loafers a PITA. I just started playing around with building some Ranger Moccs on the site. Not sure what I'll go with. I may just go all out and get shell or just take it easy and do a CXL make-up. I am leaning towards a brown or natural CXL with tempest sole.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one pair of Rancourt loafers in Olive CXL. I really like them and although I ordered the wrong size the first time around I wore them more than I thought (considering the color). I really would prefer something I could lace up as my high instep makes fitting loafers a PITA. I just started playing around with building some Ranger Moccs on the site. Not sure what I'll go with. I may just go all out and get shell or just take it easy and do a CXL make-up. I am leaning towards a brown or natural CXL with tempest sole.

The Ranger Mocs sounds perfect for you, as I too like the ability to use laces to get that just right fit. I went with brown CXL for my OS makeup as I already have some lighter colored Mocs from Quody in Cavalier Whiskey CXL. Brown is a very versatile color. I have the tempest sole on my #8's, I think it's great sole and I like how they have added a bit more rubber to the bottom of that sole recently. I like the look of leather but all the while having that leather look on the profile of the shoe. In fact I choose that sole for my loafers as well. Here's hoping the my loafers turn out just as nice as my Ranger Mocs.

Last edited:

tampatravel

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Benjos new two-toned laces in their Ranger Mocs?

They're having a sale and I'm seriously considering something fun for the winter/spring...

Sidney:
DSC4345_working-300x200.jpeg

Mama Lupita:
DSC4344_working-300x200.jpeg

Big House:
DSC4348_working-300x200.jpeg

Madame Lamb:
DSC4342_working-300x200.jpg

There are a few other colors, but I'd probably go with something bright. These are 36" and they have some other drab colors in 34".

BLACKTIE14 gets you Free Shipping and 30% off and that ends today. I'm thinking these would look great, but I'm not sure what color to get.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ @tampa, I was just thinking about laces as the first thing I'd do to my Ranger mocs would be take the leather laces out. That is probably something I would look to put in there. What size do you think? I, personally, would go with something "drab" for a daily basis. I wouldn't mind adding a pop of color every now and then, though.

tampatravel

Reaction score
^^ @tampa, I was just thinking about laces as the first thing I'd do to my Ranger mocs would be take the leather laces out. That is probably something I would look to put in there. What size do you think? I, personally, would go with something "drab" for a daily basis. I wouldn't mind adding a pop of color every now and then, though.

Well the "shorter ones" are 34" and not 36"

Henrietta:
ttn3-300x200.jpg

Hannah Rose:
ttn5-300x200.jpg

Big Gord:
ttn2-300x200.jpg

Those are the shorter 34" sizes in their entirety. I'm not sure 34" to/from 36" would make that big of a deal to be honest. Just get the color you like.

I actually have the Quoddy Maliseet Oxford from Winn Perry (who is making a comeback it sounds like) that look like this:

DSC_0201_Web.jpg

Really anything is going to look ok on something like these above I'd guess...

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is a good place to check out as well:

http://www.shoelacesexpress.com

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use the flat waxed laces in my ranger mocs and very much like how they look

the spacing looks wider here than in person but still not as close as I would like it to be. I prefer the loafer last to the ranger moc last

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads