RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

1. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Nice, ddd. What color did you get?

Unrelated; I found my $50 Rancourt gift card I got with the 'made to measure' program while cleaning the other day. It expires in March so I guess I am buying some loafers for the spring/summer!

2. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Maybe you could order the 7.5 in your house some sweet MTM beefrolls for sping/summer :) (she didn't put me up to this)

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I ordered the Caramel Shells. I had been thinking about getting these ever since the first day I saw them almost a year ago.

I look forward to seeing which ones you choose.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  4. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

She already made that suggestion...trust me! LOL

Those are the Rancourts I dream about as well. I think I may go CXL though. I am thimking brown as I always found myself wanting a brown shoe to wear last year.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I thought about getting the CXL as well, and I don't think you can make a mistake either way you go. However for me I knew I would always want a pair in shell so I decided it best to go this route first. I went with a pair of Ranger Mocs in CXL for my first pair of Rancourts and then I eventually got a pair in #8 Shell that I wanted in the first place.

6. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Ohhhh...I forgot about Ranger Mocs. I want those, too! Actually I think I may get them instead.

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Personally I'm not much of a Loafer person so these will be only my second pair of loafers. My first pair were more of a casual dress pair from Ferragamo.

If you decide to go with the Ranger Mocs I think you'll be rather pleased. They are a really mice pair of shoes and very versatile. I just ordered another CXL pair yesterday but this time from Oakstreet Bootmakers. I really like Rancourts but I thought I would check OS out this time. I've done this with all of my shoes. Although I find Crockett and Jones shoes to be nice, that doesn't mean I don't have shoes from Alfred Sargent, Vass, G&G, Edward Green, and John Lobb as well.

8. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I have one pair of Rancourt loafers in Olive CXL. I really like them and although I ordered the wrong size the first time around I wore them more than I thought (considering the color). I really would prefer something I could lace up as my high instep makes fitting loafers a PITA. I just started playing around with building some Ranger Moccs on the site. Not sure what I'll go with. I may just go all out and get shell or just take it easy and do a CXL make-up. I am leaning towards a brown or natural CXL with tempest sole.

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

The Ranger Mocs sounds perfect for you, as I too like the ability to use laces to get that just right fit. I went with brown CXL for my OS makeup as I already have some lighter colored Mocs from Quody in Cavalier Whiskey CXL. Brown is a very versatile color. I have the tempest sole on my #8's, I think it's great sole and I like how they have added a bit more rubber to the bottom of that sole recently. I like the look of leather but all the while having that leather look on the profile of the shoe. In fact I choose that sole for my loafers as well. Here's hoping the my loafers turn out just as nice as my Ranger Mocs.

10. tampatravel

Has anyone tried the Benjos new two-toned laces in their Ranger Mocs?

They're having a sale and I'm seriously considering something fun for the winter/spring...

Sidney:
    [​IMG]
    Mama Lupita:
    [​IMG]
    Big House:
    [​IMG]
    Madame Lamb:
    [​IMG]

There are a few other colors, but I'd probably go with something bright. These are 36" and they have some other drab colors in 34".

BLACKTIE14 gets you Free Shipping and 30% off and that ends today. I'm thinking these would look great, but I'm not sure what color to get.

11. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

^^ @tampa, I was just thinking about laces as the first thing I'd do to my Ranger mocs would be take the leather laces out. That is probably something I would look to put in there. What size do you think? I, personally, would go with something "drab" for a daily basis. I wouldn't mind adding a pop of color every now and then, though.

12. tampatravel

Well the "shorter ones" are 34" and not 36"

Henrietta:
    [​IMG]

Hannah Rose:
    [​IMG]

Big Gord:
    [​IMG]

Those are the shorter 34" sizes in their entirety. I'm not sure 34" to/from 36" would make that big of a deal to be honest. Just get the color you like.

I actually have the Quoddy Maliseet Oxford from Winn Perry (who is making a comeback it sounds like) that look like this:

[​IMG]

Really anything is going to look ok on something like these above I'd guess...

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

This is a good place to check out as well:

http://www.shoelacesexpress.com

14. tampatravel

Agreed! I've used both Benjos and Shoelacesexpress are great companies.

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I use the flat waxed laces in my ranger mocs and very much like how they look

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the spacing looks wider here than in person but still not as close as I would like it to be. I prefer the loafer last to the ranger moc last